• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fit advice - Saman Amel roll neck

te0o

Reaction score
Assuming you plan to wear it standalone, the larger size looks better—and keep in mind that even careful hand washing can cause wool to block up a little bit.

On the other hand, I have rollnecks that I wear under a sport coat in winter; in that case I like them to fit much closer. But I’m guessing that’s not what you’re doing.
I did keep the larger size and, having now worn it a couple of times, it was definitely the right choice. Given the sweater is quite chunky, it wouldn't be practical to wear it with an odd jacket in my opinion. It would be mostly to pair with trousers/chinos/jeans and go underneath a coat of some sort, similar to how I wear it in these photos:

IMG_47451.jpg

IMG_4768.jpeg

In my mind, it looks a lot better. I don't have to be self-conscious after a big lunch (too many of those lately) and the arms/biceps area is not as tight as the 48 so it looks more proportional to the rest of the silhouette which wasn't the case with the 48.

Thanks a lot to the people who participated in this thread and helped me make the right choice.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.