• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fit advice: Mend’s suit off the rack

efta

Reaction score
A bit difficult to say as it looks like you have your shoulders in a bit of an unnatural position. However I would say there’s at least an inch or so excess fabric in the back and perhaps the an inch or so too tight in the waist. I think you’d want to at least try going down a drop or two.

I don’t think the shoulders either fit or suit you either, hard to tell.

Also, you’d want wider lapels, but I suppose that’s preference.

Last edited:

Bluesky62937

Reaction score
A bit difficult to say as it looks like you have your shoulders in a bit of an unnatural position. However I would say there’s at least an inch or so excess fabric in the back and perhaps the an inch or so too tight in the waist. I think you’d want to at least try going down a drop or two.

I don’t think the shoulders either fit or suit you either, hard to tell.

Also, you’d want wider lapels, but I suppose that’s preference.
Thanks a lot thats very helpful!

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this your natural posture? Looks like you might be trying to stand with your shoulders pulled back and your chest pushed forward. If this is indeed your natural posture then this jacket is not for you. Too little fabric across the front of your chest (bowing lapels) and too much across the back. As a stylistic point, the trousers are too slim for my taste.

Bluesky62937

Reaction score
Yes it is my natural posture.

looks like not for me. Thank a lot mate!
Is this your natural posture? Looks like you might be trying to stand with your shoulders pulled back and your chest pushed forward. If this is indeed your natural posture then this jacket is not for you. Too little fabric across the front of your chest (bowing lapels) and too much across the back. As a stylistic point, the trousers are too slim for my taste.

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConniJudd