• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Vegas Visit Attire

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Staying at Cesar's won't get you into Pure any earlier on a Friday or Saturday night, FWIW.

On sunday night's, they have guys at the entrance of the hotel give free passes to get in....there's no line....take that for what it is....I was in Vegas a week or so ago and the soup de jour is a LOT of Christian Audigier T-shirts and what not...I think maybe it had to do with him having his "When You Move I Move Show" or whatever, but everyone (i.e. the Douchebag contingent) was all rockin' their $150 gold-lettering MMA-style T's.

I generally keep it safe. Nice jeans, button up shirt or a nice polo. I try to keep a collared shirt on because every once in a blue moon you'll encounter an overzealous bouncer who will say something like "no T-shirts in the club" (this even happened when we were getting bottle service, one of the guys in my party had to borrow a blazer from someone else just to walk past the doorguy).

Other times, I just go rediculous and wear all kinds of crazy ****...it is vegas after all. Mismatched colors, offensive T-shirts with blazers, loud shoes, suits, jeans with button up and a tie that's intentionally undone, blah blah blah. the whole 9....there's not really that much of a problem being a bit bold in vegas, provided you are in the proper setting with the proper company.

booey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
Staying at Cesar's won't get you into Pure any earlier on a Friday or Saturday night, FWIW.

On sunday night's, they have guys at the entrance of the hotel give free passes to get in....there's no line....take that for what it is....I was in Vegas a week or so ago and the soup de jour is a LOT of Christian Audigier T-shirts and what not...I think maybe it had to do with him having his "When You Move I Move Show" or whatever, but everyone (i.e. the Douchebag contingent) was all rockin' their $150 gold-lettering MMA-style T's.

I generally keep it safe. Nice jeans, button up shirt or a nice polo. I try to keep a collared shirt on because every once in a blue moon you'll encounter an overzealous bouncer who will say something like "no T-shirts in the club" (this even happened when we were getting bottle service, one of the guys in my party had to borrow a blazer from someone else just to walk past the doorguy).

Other times, I just go rediculous and wear all kinds of crazy ****...it is vegas after all. Mismatched colors, offensive T-shirts with blazers, loud shoes, suits, jeans with button up and a tie that's intentionally undone, blah blah blah. the whole 9....there's not really that much of a problem being a bit bold in vegas, provided you are in the proper setting with the proper company.

what about the thing you fill out on there website to get on the "guest list" or the people that sell you "VIP" and front of the line passes? Does any of this help? I cant stand waiting in lines.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theres probably thousands of people on that "guest list" if it's a huge event. never heard of VIP scalping...basically my policy for clubbing here at home though, is even if i am a first time patron of the club i skip the queue, go to the front of the line and make nice with the bouncer/whoever is manning the door. Just make a convincing pitch about how you're from out of town, flew a long way to party there, and that paying cover is not a problem but time is too precious for you to be lining up. Deliver this speech in a confident tone and i have not really run into many problems getting into clubs. Only clubs i haven't had much luck with are private members clubs...and even then depending on the night or who you go with you never know... If they are adamant about not letting you in or making you line up, fine; some other establishment can get my money.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by booey
what about the thing you fill out on there website to get on the "guest list" or the people that sell you "VIP" and front of the line passes? Does any of this help? I cant stand waiting in lines.

Those VIP cards are worthless. Read the fine print, alot of them say they're only good Mon-Thurs, bouncer's discretion, women only, etc.

Unless its a real guest list (i.e. you personally know the promoter, etc), they are worthless.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads