1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

First trip to the tailor

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dusty, Mar 24, 2005.

1. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

What should I expect to pay for these alterations (assuming they are even possible)?

-Adding a working button hole to the lapel
    -Replacing all the buttons on a jacket
    -Adding lining to trousers
    -General alterations, like adjusting sleeve length, waist, trouser length, etc.

And if I have a jacket with open patch pockets, is it possible to have them converted to closed regular pockets (using the fabric from the patch to make the flap)? Obviously the lining would not match the lining of the jacket exactly, but other than that, can it be done?

2. johnw86

johnw86 Well-Known Member

I can only speak to the last category of alterations.

For the two suits I just took in to have adjusted, the total price was $80. That included waist in/out, pants shortened and cuffed, and sleeves shortened.

Letting out a jacket has run me $30 in the past.

Perhaps some of the other Forum members who know tailoring better than I can speak to the possibilities of the other alterations you've described.