• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

first time wearing of shoes

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gdot
I just don't think we're doing the kid with a $300 pair of shoes any favors when we tell him that his shoes are going to be 'damaged' by using basic readily available products.

400 not 300.

Not really convinced by the mink oil haters as well, since many shoe care folks still sell mink oil stuff.

But I have decided to shelf my large can of Japanese mink oil under the adage of better safe than sorry. I just use it for my 'crappy' shoes which I experiment with. Its actually not like those waxy translucent mink oil but comes in a white cream like one applies for hemorrhoids!

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
400 not 300.

Not really convinced by the mink oil haters as well, since many shoe care folks still sell mink oil stuff.

But I have decided to shelf my large can of Japanese mink oil under the adage of better safe than sorry. I just use it for my 'crappy' shoes which I experiment with. Its actually not like those waxy translucent mink oil but comes in a white cream like one applies for hemorrhoids!

That's it! Let's all treat our shoes with Preparation H! Perfect!
laugh.gif

Jangofett

Reaction score
Thats not what I meant clearly.

Anyway, I thought the ladies have been applying it to their face with good results. So who knows? It can be useful for our shoes.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats not what I meant clearly.

Anyway, I thought the ladies have been applying it to their face with good results. So who knows? It can be useful for our shoes.

Oh - so sorry - I clearly understood you weren't proposing prep H on your shoes. I was just being silly.

Really didn't mean to offend you - sorry again.

E TF

Reaction score
400 not 300.

£400 = $600

OP makes it into reevolving's net worth/shoe spend study.

Jangofett

Reaction score
My bad. Its 400 pounds.

I should be in reevolving's study as well.
Got 3 shoes coming in this month. Eyeing 1 more. Received 2 shoes already. None to be worn in the near future.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are shoes to be worn in rain etc - just put them on your feet and go out.

luckyhands

Reaction score
Thanks for the information guys. I think with many things shoe care will always be an area of much contention. I think I'll just order some saphir products and be done with it - any problems and I'll seek more advice but IMO I'd prefer to wear the damn things rather than spending all my free time reading pages of arguments! Thanks - and I feel privileged that I can be included in the study!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads