• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Time in Miami

Star

Reaction score
Girlie and I are heading to the Big Apple for a few days and then plan to fly south to Miami. Never been there and would appreciate advice:

1. How many days is enough?
2. Where to stay?
3. Must sees?
4. Weeknight going out?
5. Cool bars

Would like to be near the water and spend atleast one day on the beach.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The fontainebleu (always forget how to spell this) hotel in South Beach has a very cool lobby bar that becomes pretty fun while people wait in line for LIV (a pretty hot bar that's also in the hotel). I haven't been in a few years but I used to party mostly in Coral Gables with my friends that were in UM for law school.

www.tablethotels.com HAs a listing of some pretty hot hotels in the South Beach and Brickell areas.

Aneil4lom

Reaction score
Girlie and I are heading to the Big Apple for a few days and then plan to fly south to Miami. Never been there and would appreciate advice:

1. How many days is enough?
2. Where to stay?
3. Must sees?
4. Weeknight going out?
5. Cool bars

Would like to be near the water and spend atleast one day on the beach.

Blue Martini on South Beach is pretty decent.

One of my favorite places in Miami is the DRB (Democratic Republic of Beer). It's Downtown near American Airlines Arena.
Not exactly glamorous but there's a really good selection of beer.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second DRB. Total dive, lots of fun though.

allress

Reaction score
miami is crazy im too scared to go there hahah

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a native Miamian. If you have a decent budget, stay at either the Delano or SLS. Top flight hotels in the heart of south beach. Fountainbleu is nice, I guess, but it's old and out of the way, imo. Another alternative is "Soho house". They have a nice hotel. What's your budget?

Things to do - well, if you're cool going to the beach and hanging out, there's always that. Hanging around south beach for 2-3 days plenty. Depending on how many days you have, consider driving to the keys (~3 hr drive).

prep333

Reaction score

I'm a native Miamian. If you have a decent budget, stay at either the Delano or SLS. Top flight hotels in the heart of south beach. Fountainbleu is nice, I guess, but it's old and out of the way, imo. Another alternative is "Soho house". They have a nice hotel. What's your budget?

Things to do - well, if you're cool going to the beach and hanging out, there's always that. Hanging around south beach for 2-3 days plenty. Depending on how many days you have, consider driving to the keys (~3 hr drive).

+1

Have stayed at both the Delano and SLS - every time I go I have way too much fun.

notimetoget

Reaction score
Things to do - well, if you're cool going to the beach and hanging out, there's always that. Hanging around south beach for 2-3 days plenty. Depending on how many days you have, consider driving to the keys
CHEEFv

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm heading there early November. Staying at a newly refurbished hotel the Gales. I think it is right next to the Delano? Any 2014 update on what to do in and around South Beach. It has been 13 years since I've been there :)

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best bar is Miami is the Broken Shaker - funky Florida vibe with ridiculously high quality cocktails.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any good stores for shopping around South Beach? Any must-visit hotel bars?

Last edited:

arepaberry

Reaction score
I honestly only go to miami for two things, Them hoes and food. If you need to get good hoes go to Live at Fountainblue, The Meat Market (weird place to pick up, but usually works) Zegafredo and any of those weird hipster places in Wynwood. Food there is a lot. Joes crab is alright

Restaurants that I enjoy
MC Kitchen
Nobu
Sushi Couture
Il Gabbiano
Abracci (Mostly old people, but food is good)
Prime 112
Toscana Divino
Michael Mina (I have been there around 6 times in the last 4 months)

One thing, if you dress well, most of the time they will make you skip the line. A club that I usually go is called Gabana or Gavana, its all Venezuelan women and Colombian, its ******* exquisite Blue Martini is full of 305 boys.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I honestly only go to miami for two things, Them hoes and food. If you need to get good hoes go to Live at Fountainblue, The Meat Market (weird place to pick up, but usually works) Zegafredo and any of those weird hipster places in Wynwood. Food there is a lot. Joes crab is alright

Restaurants that I enjoy

MC Kitchen

Nobu

Sushi Couture

Il Gabbiano

Abracci (Mostly old people, but food is good)
Prime 112

Toscana Divino

Michael Mina (I have been there around 6 times in the last 4 months)

One thing, if you dress well, most of the time they will make you skip the line. A club that I usually go is called Gabana or Gavana, its all Venezuelan women and Colombian, its ******* exquisite Blue Martini is full of 305 boys.

LOL ... Yes Miami does have some very beautiful women. I"m actually going to fort lauderdale on November 13th and staying with my cousin. I'm going with my lady so no hoes this time (kidding)

I've been to Blue Martini and i loved it, I'm pretty sure it wasn't south beach though? Is there more than one location?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads