• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First time in history theif stole hangers (Hanger Project hangers are that good)

newmember2010

Reaction score
Came back from vacation earlier today to find out some punk broke through my back window. Surprisingly the thief did not take too much stuff (TV, stereo, speakers, empty lock box, few hundred dollars in cash, and.... HANGERS?????????????)

I kid you not, my jackets and shirts were stacked fairly nicely on my bed with the hangers nowhere in sight. The cops said thieves normally go for the master bedroom closet first to look for lock boxes. While he was grabbing the lock box (which was empty) he must have saw my nice hanger project hangers that my wife got me from NM a few months back and liked them because he took every single one of them and left my non wood hangers. Apparently even a thief knows quality.

Not to give the thief too much credit, he left the keys to the safety deposit box which were right next to it presumably without opening it first because it would do him no good given that it was empty and he had no keys too it. He also left my 10k set of silverware that was within inches of the lock box.
laugh.gif

Thought you guys might enjoy this

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...which weans that the thief probably is a member here and is thankful for your inventorying the location and value of your best loot for him. He'll heading back next week.

calisanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbbuff
...which weans that the thief probably is a member here and is thankful for your inventorying the location and value of your best loot for him. He'll heading back next week.

crackup[1].gif

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We will keep a look out in a the B&S threads.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You keep your silverware in your bedroom closet?

newmember2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
You keep your silverware in your bedroom closet?

LOL, we almost never use it. Its has a storage case so i decided to keep it there because space is in short supply in the kitchen. Plus because of how much it is worth I try to keep it out of the main living space where most guests hang out.

newmember2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbbuff
Ill pump him full of precious metals if he returns when I'm around. Thats the only loot hell be getting

Kslim

Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss! Clearly the thief is a member of SF. Or at least has been a long time lurker..

newmember2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
Style Forum members more typically have full closets and must keep some of their clothing in the kitchen.

lol. I actually prefer to have less clothes. Id rather have a few nice clothes that i replace twice as often then twice the clothes that are replaced half as often. So I have plenty of space in my closet but the same cannot be said of the kitchen.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by newmember2010
lol. I actually prefer to have less clothes. Id rather have a few nice clothes that i replace twice as often then twice the clothes that are replaced half as often. So I have plenty of space in my closet but the same cannot be said of the kitchen.

Blasphemy!

newmember2010

Reaction score
Just to give everyone an update... The police dusted for fingerprints yesterday and were able to get some that were not mine from my closet. I am pretty good about wiping everything down regularly and no one else goes in it so presumably they are from the thief. They are going to be running the print through a database of prior offenders and hopefully they will match it to the guy (or girl).

I am really going to have a laugh if this guy gets sent to prison for stealing an empty 35 dollar lock box (which he probably would spend hours of time getting into) as well as a junk 8 year old stereo and TV and of course the legendary Hanger Project hangers.
laugh.gif

Even the detective yesterday had a good laugh about the hangers and said they "must have been some sweet ass hangers" to grab his attention away from all the other goodies I had in my closet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics