1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

First time dry denim buyer

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by derekndominos, Jun 5, 2006.

1. derekndominos

derekndominos New Member

So I've begun revamping my wardrobe and caring out my outward appearance. I'm pretty thrilled with the idea of getting some dry denim and I am considering either Nudies or APC. My question is for someone such as myself with somewhat muscular thighs which will probably get more muscular this summer as I work out, which cut from either brand would be best for me? Would it be worth it to shell out extra $$ to get Nudies? I live in Austin and the store Factory People by me sells APC Standards for $130 or something like that. There's a By George which sells Nudies but I haven't inquired as to what cuts/sizes they offer. The maximum I'm willing to spend is $150. Also, is stretching a serious problem if I want to wear these jeans for as long as possible? I don't want to get expensive denim only to be able to enjoy it for several months only to have it stretch out all weird. Finally, which cut/model would be best for summertime, seeing as I live in Texas and it's very hot? I'm 6' 165 pounds by the way.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Dude, no offense, but every single question you asked has been answered on this forum ad naseum. There is a post specifically geared towards dudes with muscular thighs. Try searching for awhile (there are about 192,393,004 posts comparing Nudie / APC).

3. derekndominos

derekndominos New Member

But I'm lazy. Ok, I will utilize the "search" feature.

4. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

This is the exact problem, the more posts there are about a topic, the more difficult it is to sort through the mess.

5. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

GO with the APCs: at that price point, they are a better value.

You're Welcome!

6. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

192,393,004 posts
    HA. That's where you're wrong. it's 192,393,007. ;p

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

and just to clarify:

Everyone loves the Nudie Regular Ralf

and the APC New standards

Regular Ralfs size down one from normal, APC read the sizing thread (link to it in the ultimate streetwear thread)

Regular Ralfs are a slimmish normal fit through the thighs, new standards are the same. If they're too tight for you (try them on at Factory people), try the APC rescues, they should be a little looser. Be warned, sizing on the APC rescues is even more screwy than the standards.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Regular Ralfs size down one from normal, APC read the sizing thread (link to it in the ultimate streetwear thread)

Size the RR's depending on how you like to wear them too. Most of the pics in the Nudie booklet are probably in the person's regular size (i.e. slightly anti-fit). If you want a slimmer fit - size down one. If you want a really loose fit, size up one.