• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

first time at a club... what to wear?

Laffertron

Reaction score
Like many people have said wear something normal and not too hot. To improve your chances with girls wear something that is a conversation starter, a stripper cowboy hat -available at costume shops- is a good choice (seriously). If a girl comes up and talks about it you can make finger guns and go "bang bang" in a playful way at her. (seriously). If she wants to try it on, let her then after you've talked some more you can ask her if she considers herself a good kisser.

The only cologne you should wear is Thierry Mugler's Angel for men, because it smells like chocolate and will improve your chances of getting laid.

If you don't score don't worry too much, you're 18, most 18 year olds suck at macking girls. But good luck anyway. Talk to lots of women and tell them it's your birthday. See if you can get them to buy you drinks.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
*sigh*

damn you mystery method. look what you create....

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laffertron
Like many people have said wear something normal and not too hot. To improve your chances with girls wear something that is a conversation starter, a stripper cowboy hat -available at costume shops- is a good choice (seriously). If a girl comes up and talks about it you can make finger guns and go "bang bang" in a playful way at her. (seriously). If she wants to try it on, let her then after you've talked some more you can ask her if she considers herself a good kisser.

The only cologne you should wear is Thierry Mugler's Angel for men, because it smells like chocolate and will improve your chances of getting laid.

If you don't score don't worry too much, you're 18, most 18 year olds suck at macking girls. But good luck anyway. Talk to lots of women and tell them it's your birthday. See if you can get them to buy you drinks.

butbut.gif

You can not be serious.

OP, do not listen to this man.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
butbut.gif

You can not be serious.

OP, do not listen to this man.

you obviously know nothing about peacocking.

OP, get a sparkly boa and be sure to wear a shirt made of interesting "touchy" material, like polyester. Encourage the touching.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
1) Dark jeans
2) Button down shirt (top button undone, two undone max)
3) Dress shoes (some bouncers are assholes and will throw you out if you don't have the proper shoes)

Besides that, just have a good time man. People at clubs (especially at that age) are usually so fucked up from pregaming extremely hard that they won't notice what you are wearing. Plus most clubs are packed so you'll be sweating your balls off if you come dressed to the nines (blazer, etc.).

Most importantly, just have a good time with your friends and enjoy your birthday broham. Don't stress the details
biggrin.gif

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
You haven't noticed that the kid left the site two days ago? Probably because of all that gay **** at the start.

I never get that part. Some kid gets the balls to venture on here and ask a few questions he can't ask his buds and a couple of jaded 5,000-count posters rough him up just so they can get a few yuks for themselves. Really smooth. Nobody really knows each other here. So let's just screw each other over.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peak and Pine
You haven't noticed that the kid left the site two days ago? Probably because of all that gay **** at the start.

I never get that part. Some kid gets the balls to venture on here and ask a few questions he can't ask his buds and a couple of jaded 5,000-count posters rough him up just so they can get a few yuks for themselves. Really smooth. Nobody really knows each other here. So let's just screw each other over.

on the real, part of the internet is you will have clowns that want to have a laugh, in the end it's all harmless. If you don't have the stones to take a little jawing then what's the point of putting yourself out there to ask for advice? Some of it in this thread has been helpful indeed. Some people need to take a vacuum to their cracks and suck all the sand out

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
all i said was to get borrelli shirts and mabitex pants.
frown.gif

And you, sir, are forgiven, because you are THE SHO'NUFF, and one of my favorite reads around these parts.

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
on the real, part of the internet is you will have clowns that want to have a laugh, in the end it's all harmless. Some people need to take a vacuum to their cracks and suck all the sand out

Sure, I get that. I'm with you. And I also like the vacuuming the crack thing (maybe a little too much). And I don't mind when I get shoveled on, like I'm starting to here. But hey, I'm just an old softy when it comes to a new kid looking for a leg up. But fk him, he's gone. Let's move on to the next noob and crush his dreams of sartorial salvation. I'm only decent until noon and it's already past that.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peak and Pine
Sure, I get that. I'm with you. And I also like the vacuuming the crack thing (maybe a little too much). And I don't mind when I get shoveled on, like I'm starting to here. But hey, I'm just an old softy when it comes to a new kid looking for a leg up. But fk him, he's gone. Let's move on to the next noob and crush his dreams of sartorial salvation. I'm only decent until noon and it's already past that.

I started enjoying SF the most when I stopped really giving a **** about the "how to dress" aspect (most people will say "just do your thing, man, whatever") and started using it as a craigslist for clothing, plus dumb threads.

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
I started enjoying SF the most when I stopped really giving a **** about the "how to dress" aspect (most people will say "just do your thing, man, whatever") and started using it as a craigslist for clothing, plus dumb threads.

Just Buying & Selling and Dumb Threads? Okay. That's a diet I'm beginning to think I could live with.

I've only been here for two weeks and I think I've got the the shakes. Last night I started to answer a thread about a kid asking what kind of hair cut to get, looked in the mirror and thought I should be asking him. Or just powering down and heading for bed, which I did.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics