1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

first time at a club... what to wear?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by skipper, Jul 13, 2010.

1. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

2. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

This:

So the color of my tie should match the color of my face?

3. w.kevin

w.kevin Senior member

i generally just wear a black t-shirt and jeans, sometimes a fitted polo, or else just about any shirt, and then either boots or sneakers, but I guess it depends on the club itself though. If the club has a Facebook page, go check out the pics and work out what to wear from that.

+1

WTF are people doing wearing Old Navy cotton blazers clubbing?

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

you'll need a 3 roll 2 with huge wide leg trousers and a pair of ebay'ed Allen Edmonds seconds, at the very least.

5. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

you'll need a 3 roll 2 with huge wide leg trousers and a pair of ebay'ed Allen Edmonds seconds, at the very least.

BB OCBD and make those AE's seconds long wings [​IMG]

Seriously it really depends on the club. Some clubs I'll just wear a fitted t-shirt and dark slim jeans with boat shoes or something; others I'll wear something like a medium grey sportcoat, pink OCBD, navy incotex (very slim), and some black leather shoes (easier to cover up the scuffs after). It really depends on the scene. Matt gave some good advice about checking out their FB page or website to see which way the crowd goes.

lol at people not being able to take a little trolling and snark: L2SF

6. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

You're going to the wrong places then... Just wear whatever the hell you normally wear.
    Wear Tom Ford.

7. tc6

tc6 Senior member

It depends on the club. For most places, you'd be safe with any shirt thats fitted, not tight but fitted and dark slim fit jeans. If you're wearing sneakers no athletic styles, stick to the more classic styles(Chuck Tylers, Puma Suedes etc..) other wise get some simple black dress shoes.

I go clubbing fairly often and if you stick with the above style, pretty much what everyone else is recomending, you'll look better dressed than about 90% of the guys in there.

And stay away from Ed Hardy and Affliction for your tees and don't wear jeans that are all ripped up(vintage), you're gonna look like a guido if you do.

Also get some decent cologne if you don't have any, it might make a good impression if you're dancing with a girl.

8. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Last time I went to a "club" I wore:
    1) Nice, slim jeans, dark blue/black (I went black, as I had just got a nice new pair of black jeans). Wear them as tight as you are comfortable with.
    2) Collared shirt. I went with a red/white gingham .. with the sleeves rolled up. Avoid stripes, and avoid blue. Also, for ****'s sake, button up shirt (one button undone, no less, no more).
    3) Chucks. Match the chucks with your shirt (if all fails, white chucks match everything).

I wouldn't wear a blazer, and it'd most likely to be too warm for a blazer.

This is pretty much what you need to know. I think a second button can be undone on a shirt, but that's just me.

1. Well fitting button up shirt in a relatively conservative pattern.
    2. Dark denim (chinos could also possibly work, but they could be viewed as a bit to dressy. or ghey in this situation.)
    3. Canvas shoes (dress shoes could also work in this situation, but stay away from shiny leather and square toes.)
    4. Don't overdo it with the cologne.

9. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

I just joined a private social club. What do you recommend I wear to my cocktail reception?

10. Valproate

Valproate Senior member

Don't wear canvas shoes because some prick bouncer will use it as an excuse to not let you in.

11. Laffertron

Laffertron Senior member

Like many people have said wear something normal and not too hot. To improve your chances with girls wear something that is a conversation starter, a stripper cowboy hat -available at costume shops- is a good choice (seriously). If a girl comes up and talks about it you can make finger guns and go "bang bang" in a playful way at her. (seriously). If she wants to try it on, let her then after you've talked some more you can ask her if she considers herself a good kisser.

The only cologne you should wear is Thierry Mugler's Angel for men, because it smells like chocolate and will improve your chances of getting laid.

If you don't score don't worry too much, you're 18, most 18 year olds suck at macking girls. But good luck anyway. Talk to lots of women and tell them it's your birthday. See if you can get them to buy you drinks.

12. Matt

Matt Senior member

*sigh*

damn you mystery method. look what you create....

13. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Like many people have said wear something normal and not too hot. To improve your chances with girls wear something that is a conversation starter, a stripper cowboy hat -available at costume shops- is a good choice (seriously). If a girl comes up and talks about it you can make finger guns and go "bang bang" in a playful way at her. (seriously). If she wants to try it on, let her then after you've talked some more you can ask her if she considers herself a good kisser.

The only cologne you should wear is Thierry Mugler's Angel for men, because it smells like chocolate and will improve your chances of getting laid.

If you don't score don't worry too much, you're 18, most 18 year olds suck at macking girls. But good luck anyway. Talk to lots of women and tell them it's your birthday. See if you can get them to buy you drinks.

[​IMG]

You can not be serious.

OP, do not listen to this man.

14. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

[​IMG]

You can not be serious.

No! Please do listen to him and post the results [​IMG]

[​IMG] but seriously, don't...

15. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

[​IMG]

You can not be serious.

you obviously know nothing about peacocking.

OP, get a sparkly boa and be sure to wear a shirt made of interesting "touchy" material, like polyester. Encourage the touching.

16. Gingahbman

Gingahbman Senior member

1) Dark jeans
    2) Button down shirt (top button undone, two undone max)
    3) Dress shoes (some bouncers are assholes and will throw you out if you don't have the proper shoes)

Besides that, just have a good time man. People at clubs (especially at that age) are usually so fucked up from pregaming extremely hard that they won't notice what you are wearing. Plus most clubs are packed so you'll be sweating your balls off if you come dressed to the nines (blazer, etc.).

Most importantly, just have a good time with your friends and enjoy your birthday broham. Don't stress the details [​IMG].

17. Peak and Pine

Peak and Pine Senior member

You haven't noticed that the kid left the site two days ago? Probably because of all that gay shit at the start.

I never get that part. Some kid gets the balls to venture on here and ask a few questions he can't ask his buds and a couple of jaded 5,000-count posters rough him up just so they can get a few yuks for themselves. Really smooth. Nobody really knows each other here. So let's just screw each other over.

18. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

all i said was to get borrelli shirts and mabitex pants.[​IMG]

19. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

You haven't noticed that the kid left the site two days ago? Probably because of all that gay shit at the start.

I never get that part. Some kid gets the balls to venture on here and ask a few questions he can't ask his buds and a couple of jaded 5,000-count posters rough him up just so they can get a few yuks for themselves. Really smooth. Nobody really knows each other here. So let's just screw each other over.

on the real, part of the internet is you will have clowns that want to have a laugh, in the end it's all harmless. If you don't have the stones to take a little jawing then what's the point of putting yourself out there to ask for advice? Some of it in this thread has been helpful indeed. Some people need to take a vacuum to their cracks and suck all the sand out

20. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

^^ may be time to rough him up a bit.