first time at a club... what to wear?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by skipper, Jul 13, 2010.

1. skipper

skipper New Member

I will be going to a club for the first time for my 18th and need some guidance on what to wear. Im open to just about any suggestions but i want to preface that I want to stay on the classier side. Any help is much appreciated.

2. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

95% of the guys there will be wearing oversized striped shirts where the buttons are of secondary importance. Don't dress like a douche and don't wear anything expensive, it's often awkwardly hot and people seem to lose the ability to retain their beverages in their cups.

3. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

I will be going to a club for the first time for my 18th and need some guidance on what to wear. Im open to just about any suggestions but i want to preface that I want to stay on the classier side. Any help is much appreciated.

so you want everybody to wonder why a gay man is at the club?

4. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

5. skipper

skipper New Member

so you want everybody to wonder why a gay man is at the club?

I was referring to a punk look as unclassy but did not explain that at all. what about pants and shoes

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

wear a borrelli button down collar shirt and a pair of dark mabitex pants and you'll have women magnetized to you.

7. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

95% of the guys there will be wearing oversized striped shirts where the buttons are of secondary importance. Don't dress like a douche and don't wear anything expensive, it's often awkwardly hot and people seem to lose the ability to retain their beverages in their cups.

You're going to the wrong places then...

Just wear whatever the hell you normally wear.

8. sonick

sonick Senior member

I was referring to a punk look as unclassy but did not explain that at all. what about pants and shoes

Yes, wearing pants and shoes is recommended.

9. Peak and Pine

Peak and Pine Senior member

Listen to him, will ya? It's his thread. He wants to go a notch classier than the average shmo. Good for you kid; classy in this case being one of those Old Navy type cotton blazers, something you can quickly slip out of if you judge the joint to be not that classy. A blazer, jeans, an open shirt and a pair of Chucks is not gay. Dumb ass pot shots like that are easy to make on the net, kid; pay him no mind. Happy 18th.

10. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Listen to him, will ya? It's his thread. He wants to go a notch classier than the average shmo. Good for you kid; classy in this case being one of those Old Navy type cotton blazers, something you can quickly slip out of if you judge the joint to be not that classy. A blazer, jeans, an open shirt and a pair of Chucks is not gay. Dumb ass pot shots like that are easy to make on the net, kid; pay him no mind. Happy 18th.

there's nothing wrong at all about being attracted to men. It's OK. Accept yourself for who you are.

11. skipper

skipper New Member

there's nothing wrong at all about being attracted to men. It's OK. Accept yourself for who you are.

This site has some great stuff on it but the fact that there are idiots on here that have nothing better to do than lurk and make useless comments ruins the thought of ever coming back here. Get a fu.cking life

12. Superfluous Man

Superfluous Man Senior member

13. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

This site has some great stuff on it but the fact that there are idiots on here that have nothing better to do than lurk and make useless comments ruins the thought of ever coming back here. Get a fu.cking life

[​IMG]

14. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

Last time I went to a "club" I wore: 1) Nice, slim jeans, dark blue/black (I went black, as I had just got a nice new pair of black jeans). Wear them as tight as you are comfortable with. 2) Collared shirt. I went with a red/white gingham .. with the sleeves rolled up. Avoid stripes, and avoid blue. Also, for ****'s sake, button up shirt (one button undone, no less, no more). 3) Chucks. Match the chucks with your shirt (if all fails, white chucks match everything). I wouldn't wear a blazer, and it'd most likely to be too warm for a blazer.

15. Peak and Pine

Peak and Pine Senior member

Hey kid, come back. He's a known fuck head here. You'll meet some at the club to. Better get used to it, sad to say. (Lee 44106: what the hell's the matter with you? Were you ever 18?)