• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

first time at a club... what to wear?

skipper

Reaction score
I will be going to a club for the first time for my 18th and need some guidance on what to wear. Im open to just about any suggestions but i want to preface that I want to stay on the classier side. Any help is much appreciated.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
95% of the guys there will be wearing oversized striped shirts where the buttons are of secondary importance. Don't dress like a douche and don't wear anything expensive, it's often awkwardly hot and people seem to lose the ability to retain their beverages in their cups.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skipper
I will be going to a club for the first time for my 18th and need some guidance on what to wear. Im open to just about any suggestions but i want to preface that I want to stay on the classier side. Any help is much appreciated.

so you want everybody to wonder why a gay man is at the club?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
guido07.jpg

skipper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
so you want everybody to wonder why a gay man is at the club?

I was referring to a punk look as unclassy but did not explain that at all. what about pants and shoes

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
95% of the guys there will be wearing oversized striped shirts where the buttons are of secondary importance. Don't dress like a douche and don't wear anything expensive, it's often awkwardly hot and people seem to lose the ability to retain their beverages in their cups.

You're going to the wrong places then...

Just wear whatever the hell you normally wear.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was referring to a punk look as unclassy but did not explain that at all. what about pants and shoes

Yes, wearing pants and shoes is recommended.

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Listen to him, will ya? It's his thread. He wants to go a notch classier than the average shmo. Good for you kid; classy in this case being one of those Old Navy type cotton blazers, something you can quickly slip out of if you judge the joint to be not that classy. A blazer, jeans, an open shirt and a pair of Chucks is not gay. Dumb ass pot shots like that are easy to make on the net, kid; pay him no mind. Happy 18th.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peak and Pine
Listen to him, will ya? It's his thread. He wants to go a notch classier than the average shmo. Good for you kid; classy in this case being one of those Old Navy type cotton blazers, something you can quickly slip out of if you judge the joint to be not that classy. A blazer, jeans, an open shirt and a pair of Chucks is not gay. Dumb ass pot shots like that are easy to make on the net, kid; pay him no mind. Happy 18th.

there's nothing wrong at all about being attracted to men. It's OK. Accept yourself for who you are.

skipper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
there's nothing wrong at all about being attracted to men. It's OK. Accept yourself for who you are.

This site has some great stuff on it but the fact that there are idiots on here that have nothing better to do than lurk and make useless comments ruins the thought of ever coming back here. Get a fu.cking life

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This site has some great stuff on it but the fact that there are idiots on here that have nothing better to do than lurk and make useless comments ruins the thought of ever coming back here. Get a fu.cking life

shaniqua-be-all-like.jpg

imschatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peak and Pine
Last time I went to a "club" I wore: 1) Nice, slim jeans, dark blue/black (I went black, as I had just got a nice new pair of black jeans). Wear them as tight as you are comfortable with. 2) Collared shirt. I went with a red/white gingham .. with the sleeves rolled up. Avoid stripes, and avoid blue. Also, for ****'s sake, button up shirt (one button undone, no less, no more). 3) Chucks. Match the chucks with your shirt (if all fails, white chucks match everything). I wouldn't wear a blazer, and it'd most likely to be too warm for a blazer.

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Hey kid, come back. He's a known **** head here. You'll meet some at the club to. Better get used to it, sad to say. (Lee 44106: what the hell's the matter with you? Were you ever 18?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads