• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

first suit

nairb49

Reaction score
posted over on superfuture and the temp. style forum already but wanted to get some more praise/criticism/info on my suit.
first suit that has been entirely chosen by me, needed for med school interviews.

will get some pics of it on me up once my camera is functioning again.

versus002.jpg

versus001.jpg

Versus by Versace, which I have since learned is a diffusion line, but when I tried the suit on, it fit me better than any others I had tried on, short of a made to measure.
There were a few Tombolini and Baumler suits that I was considering, but I'm a relatively trim guy and the more modern cut of this one made it easier on the alterations, ie. I wouldn't have to have the waist on the jacket/pants taken in at all, all the tailor did was shorten the sleeves and hem the pants.

Histrion

Reaction score
Well, you should post a picture of you wearing it, IMO.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Nice looking fabric and lining.
smile.gif

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Versus is some seriously fashion-forward stuff, interesting choice for an interview. As always, fit is king. Looks good, I would also like to see it on you though.

Tom

nairb49

Reaction score
finally, pics.

unfortunately, as you can see, I have terrible lighting in my hallway, which is the only full length mirror around.
suit004.jpg

suit002.jpg

suit001.jpg

if someone would tell me what specific pictures to post up when looking over a suit i'd be happy to, and would appreciate the feedback.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
from what you can make out in the pics, it looks good on you. Nice silhouette and it tapers nicely into your waist. Sleeves length looks fine. The trousers might be a tad long? For a slim silhouetted suit I like with no trouser break since it kills the otherwise lean lines of the suit.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
from what you can make out in the pics, it looks good on you. Nice silhouette and it tapers nicely into your waist. Sleeves length looks fine. The trousers might be a tad long? For a slim silhouetted suit I like with no trouser break since it kills the otherwise lean lines of the suit.
+1, agree on every point

dankev

Reaction score
Looks perfect for med school interviews. One suggestion, pair it with an interesting tie. It doesn't need to be wild, but all the applicants here look so boring. It would be nice to add just a little flair.

If you are looking for any interview advice (which you probably aren't!), feel free to semd me a PM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads