first suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by nairb49, Mar 16, 2006.

1. nairb49

nairb49 Senior member

posted over on superfuture and the temp. style forum already but wanted to get some more praise/criticism/info on my suit.
    first suit that has been entirely chosen by me, needed for med school interviews.

will get some pics of it on me up once my camera is functioning again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Versus by Versace, which I have since learned is a diffusion line, but when I tried the suit on, it fit me better than any others I had tried on, short of a made to measure.
    There were a few Tombolini and Baumler suits that I was considering, but I'm a relatively trim guy and the more modern cut of this one made it easier on the alterations, ie. I wouldn't have to have the waist on the jacket/pants taken in at all, all the tailor did was shorten the sleeves and hem the pants.

2. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

Well, you should post a picture of you wearing it, IMO.

3. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Nice looking fabric and lining. [​IMG]

4. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Versus is some seriously fashion-forward stuff, interesting choice for an interview. As always, fit is king. Looks good, I would also like to see it on you though.

Tom

5. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

Looks nice. What was the damage?

6. Stuttjukken

Stuttjukken Well-Known Member

Nice suit, so You can wear it.

7. nairb49

nairb49 Senior member

finally, pics.

unfortunately, as you can see, I have terrible lighting in my hallway, which is the only full length mirror around.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

if someone would tell me what specific pictures to post up when looking over a suit i'd be happy to, and would appreciate the feedback.

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

from what you can make out in the pics, it looks good on you. Nice silhouette and it tapers nicely into your waist. Sleeves length looks fine. The trousers might be a tad long? For a slim silhouetted suit I like with no trouser break since it kills the otherwise lean lines of the suit.

9. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

from what you can make out in the pics, it looks good on you. Nice silhouette and it tapers nicely into your waist. Sleeves length looks fine. The trousers might be a tad long? For a slim silhouetted suit I like with no trouser break since it kills the otherwise lean lines of the suit.
    +1, agree on every point

10. dankev

dankev Member

Looks perfect for med school interviews. One suggestion, pair it with an interesting tie. It doesn't need to be wild, but all the applicants here look so boring. It would be nice to add just a little flair.

If you are looking for any interview advice (which you probably aren't!), feel free to semd me a PM.