• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

First Suit: Lee Baron Critique and comments please

Kimcha

Reaction score
Hi,

This is not my very first suit, but it is what I consider my first proper suit. It is a full canvas suit made by Lee Baron in Hong Kong. The pictures below are after my first fitting on Monday. I am going to pick it up later today, but the only things he was going to change is make the pants a bit shorter and remove the ticket pocket. I don't have proper shoes I will be wearing it yet and will probably get some that are a little higher. He was going to make the pants about 1cm shorter.

Please let me know if you see any big problems. I have asked about the button and whether it is too high, but he said, that it is better like this, because I am not very tall and the suit would look unbalanced if we moved it further down.

I also had to adjust the brightness of the image a bit, since it was too dark and hard to see the details. The color is not like in the pictures.

I am a little concerned about the shirt and whether the shoulders are a little to narrow. I can feel a little bit of the arm sleeve on the shoulder. Peter said that it has to be like that. Do you guys think they are alright?

PS: I would appreciate some quick replies and opinions, as I am leaving HK on Saturday and don't have much time for fittings.

Greetings, Kim

OliverGauffe

Reaction score
I think he is right about the button, its not too high. It looks great from here, a nice flattering cut that suits you perfectly. The colour is good too, a nice grey suit is essential in any self-respecting man's wardrobe. Good on ya for picking up a suit in HK, I hear they make very nice tailored ones there for cheap.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That right out-ticket pocket mars the look completely.

Kimcha

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I couldn't be happier with the suit and HIGHLY recommend Peter Lee. Sorry for the reply, I didn't get any notifications and thought the thread didn't get posted.

Yup, I had the ticket pocket removed and it looks great now. Very happy with the fit and Peter Lee is a great guy, who was incredibly helpful and answered all of my stupid questions and helped me make good choices.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.