• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Suit Fit check

maggiemee

Reaction score
Can I get advice on the Suitsupply Lazio suit? I think it fits fine on my shoulders, but the back is a little rumpled. This is my first suit
(https://suitsupply.com/en-sg/men/suits/navy-lazio-suit /C2778MA-S.html). Please ignore the left jacket shirt cuff. My shirt cuff got caught on my watch for my left sleeve.

Suitsupply offered to alter the back for $30, and I am wondering if it is worth it. I am also wondering if I should get the waist taken in.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• PXL_20210718_070909861.jpg
    PXL_20210718_070909861.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 156
  • PXL_20210725_065902288.jpg
    PXL_20210725_065902288.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 160
  • PXL_20210725_065912563.jpg
    PXL_20210725_065912563.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 188
  • PXL_20210725_070257312.jpg
    PXL_20210725_070257312.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 183

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket is a poor fit. The last thing you need is to have the jacket taken in as it is really pulling in the back.

As for if it can be fixed, that a good question for a tailor. Not their guy.

Stylewords

Reaction score
Can I get advice on the Suitsupply Lazio suit? I think it fits fine on my shoulders, but the back is a little rumpled. This is my first suit
(https://suitsupply.com/en-sg/men/suits/navy-lazio-suit /C2778MA-S.html). Please ignore the left jacket shirt cuff. My shirt cuff got caught on my watch for my left sleeve.

Suitsupply offered to alter the back for $30, and I am wondering if it is worth it. I am also wondering if I should get the waist taken in.

Thank you in advance
The trousers are also too tight (as is often the case with suitsupply).

rjc149

Reaction score
The jacket is clearly pulling in the back of the shoulders, which is also causing that shoulder dimple I think. It needs to be let out. The waist does not need to be taken in -- more room in the shoulders should create the desired V silhouette.

If you've already bought the suit, I would take it to a tailor to have it adjusted as suggested above. Alterations to an off-the-rack suit should be free from the vendor, especially on a $900 suit.

The trousers are too slim and tapered. If you look at the model, you'll understand who SS's target customer demographic is -- young, trendy and fashion-forward. This is not the classic, timeless look that you should be going for with your first suits. I'm not familiar with SS (I've never cared for their styling) but maybe you can get a pair of properly-cut trousers cut from the same cloth?

maggiemee

Reaction score
I haven't bought the suit yet, and probably won't given all the feedback.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions

theDapperDon

Reaction score

Thank you in advance

hey my brother, I’ll give u a little tip to help out on the jacket... it’s not that bad. But look before someone goes to altering the jacket , ... Have ur tailor remove the 2 front buttons and move them both over SLIGHTLY towards the right... this well slim the jacket in the waist and I believe it well help some of the wrinkles lay down in the back ... just a trick that could possibly save a lil $$ worth a shot

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads