• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

First Suit Fit check

maggiemee

Reaction score
Can I get advice on the Suitsupply Lazio suit? I think it fits fine on my shoulders, but the back is a little rumpled. This is my first suit
(https://suitsupply.com/en-sg/men/suits/navy-lazio-suit /C2778MA-S.html). Please ignore the left jacket shirt cuff. My shirt cuff got caught on my watch for my left sleeve.

Suitsupply offered to alter the back for $30, and I am wondering if it is worth it. I am also wondering if I should get the waist taken in.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket is a poor fit. The last thing you need is to have the jacket taken in as it is really pulling in the back.

As for if it can be fixed, that a good question for a tailor. Not their guy.

Stylewords

Reaction score
Can I get advice on the Suitsupply Lazio suit? I think it fits fine on my shoulders, but the back is a little rumpled. This is my first suit
(https://suitsupply.com/en-sg/men/suits/navy-lazio-suit /C2778MA-S.html). Please ignore the left jacket shirt cuff. My shirt cuff got caught on my watch for my left sleeve.

Suitsupply offered to alter the back for $30, and I am wondering if it is worth it. I am also wondering if I should get the waist taken in.

Thank you in advance
The trousers are also too tight (as is often the case with suitsupply).

rjc149

Reaction score
The jacket is clearly pulling in the back of the shoulders, which is also causing that shoulder dimple I think. It needs to be let out. The waist does not need to be taken in -- more room in the shoulders should create the desired V silhouette.

If you've already bought the suit, I would take it to a tailor to have it adjusted as suggested above. Alterations to an off-the-rack suit should be free from the vendor, especially on a $900 suit.

The trousers are too slim and tapered. If you look at the model, you'll understand who SS's target customer demographic is -- young, trendy and fashion-forward. This is not the classic, timeless look that you should be going for with your first suits. I'm not familiar with SS (I've never cared for their styling) but maybe you can get a pair of properly-cut trousers cut from the same cloth?

maggiemee

Reaction score
I haven't bought the suit yet, and probably won't given all the feedback.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions

theDapperDon

Reaction score

Thank you in advance
hey my brother, I’ll give u a little tip to help out on the jacket... it’s not that bad. But look before someone goes to altering the jacket , ... Have ur tailor remove the 2 front buttons and move them both over SLIGHTLY towards the right... this well slim the jacket in the waist and I believe it well help some of the wrinkles lay down in the back ... just a trick that could possibly save a lil $$ worth a shot

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.