• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First post,and by way of introduction some pictures of my first bespoke.

Mordred

Reaction score
Having lurked for some time I've decided to finally take the plunge and start posting, I figured it wouldn't be such a bad idea to also post some pictures of my latest bespoke.

so um Hello all.

it's a 3 piece suit, although in the pictures I'm just wearing the coat, - just what I happened to be wearing today - you should probably ignore the rest of today's get up, I appreciate that I'm not looking all that presentable - although the coat does kind of work as a blazer.......anyway. I also took a picture of the rest of it on the hanger.... I question the logic behind that now, but whats done is done... I'm pretty happy with the double breasted waistcoat and will probably take pictures of the whole suit with appropriate shirt and shoes a little later on.

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

I used a tailor that seems to be quite heavily discussed here, and really I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out, they seem to have the fit dialed in well, the coat is really very comfortable and I'd say they definitely nailed it with the trousers, which of course you'll have to take my word on for now.

IMG_0037.jpg

That ^ pic is there to show the cloth in a little more detail, it doesn't succeed in that aim particularly well, but basically it's a P.o.w check, but you'd have to be pretty close to it to see that.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really get the point of your post.

You have a three piece BESPOKE but choose only to post pic of you in the jacket only.

Then you wear two shirts underneath so the fit is all off: to tight in the waist, too short sleeve, shoulder bunched up and uneven, angle of sleeves appear off.....etc.
facepalm.gif

Get your acts together next time before first poast NOOB!
ffffuuuu.gif

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I used a tailor that seems to be quite heavily discussed here, and really I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out, "

Paul Jheeta

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am enjoying the sass level on this good Saturday morning.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Tell us about the curtains and also the photographs on the wall.

Thank you.

- B

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hazing these days is really in full force.

Hope this is constructive:

1. Don't wear polos over a button up shirt
2. Your sleeves are too short
3. Your jacket is too short.
4. Your buttoning point is too high.
5. You should throw away that thing on your lapel. It looks like someone shot a snowman in the heart and he fell over and bled to death.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred

4. Your eyebrow is too high.
5. You should throw away that thing on your lapel. It looks like someone shot a snowman in the heart and he fell over and bled to death.

FTFY

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If not for the snarky sass that exists here, I'd prolly have been promoted at work.
bigstar[1].gif

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Mordred, did you ask your parents before you spent your entire decade's allowance on your bespoke suit?

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is Remembrance Day; so in fairness the OP he could be commemorating WWI veterans...

Gent

Reaction score

1. Right. Casual or not, that just looks wrong.
2. Untrue. This is a prime example of correct sleeve length. One could even have it shorter, if one chose to show a lot of cuff.
3. Arguably, but it's the current fashion, isn't it?
4. I wouldn't say so.
5. No comment.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that is a rugby shirt he is wearing over his shirt. I wouldn't wear the two together under a suit jacket, but a rugby shirt over a shirt is totally normal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads