• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First pair of TRs, what boots to wear?

pdeng

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to this site and this year I've been slowly pooling together new clothes (since I'll be going off to college next year and have been slowly donating all my old stuff to charity). So I usually wear dark-wash jeans with a mix of lighter jeans (my favorite pair of jeans are by these soft-as-butter dark wash Levi 514s) with plain t-shirts and coats/sweaters. Anyway, I've bought this TR bootcut for real cheap and I was wondering what type of shoes to wear with it. I'd love to get a single pair of nice, casual boots that could go with them for casual get-togethers or a night out in the town. I'd really like to not spend too much on a pair of boots, maybe 100ish the most? I don't want to sound like I'm short-changing it, but I work for minimum wage. These are the jeans. TR Joey Super T Much obliged, thanks.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Id say some good cowboy boots.. maybe in ostrich or snake skin? One with some sweet patterns on front and a good square toe

How much did you want to spend ?

pdeng

Reaction score
Not too much, 100ish? I know a lot of people here spend a lot more but I am on a budget.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why Tegar, you read my mind - something like this, no?

_5760177.jpg

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Kenneth Cole Reaction has some good stuff if you are on more of a budget.

(Just don't get tricked in to buying any of that Kenneth Cole NY bullshit)

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, he needs something as sleek as the boots on the website.. Find something with a nice long pointed toe and you'll be set.

h4zin

Reaction score
lol you guys are so mean.

to the OP, i suggest keeping an eye out in the "FS: Streetwear" section of these forums. i think if you up your budget to about 150 you could find a nice pair of chelsea boots. 100-150 is a decent budget for boots, keep an eye out for good deals and you should be able to cop a nice pair.

i dont know much about boots or what brands to look into. personally i have a pair of timberlands from freshman year of college that i still wear (they are dark brown, not the camel/sand color). very cliche, i know, but they are tough and get the job done. if i had the cashflow i would definitely pick up a pair of cheslea boots. use the search function to find out which brands are good. i dont want to look into it because ill be too tempted to buy a pair

h4zin

Reaction score
also, if you havent caught on, people in this thread are making fun of you because true religions suck. i highly suggest getting a pair of Nudie Regular Ralfs or APC New Standards for a first pair of raw denim jeans. i got Nudie RRDG over summer after being enlightened by this forum, and i cant even wear my Sevens anymore. been wearing em over 6 months and dont even want to wash em, im seriously in love. excited to pick up a pair of APC New Standards very soon

progressiveminded

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
Id say some good cowboy boots.. maybe in ostrich or snake skin? One with some sweet patterns on front and a good square toe

How much did you want to spend ?

You guys have it all wrong. There is only one boot that goes perfectly with TRs. It's like peanut butter and jelly.

ugg_012.jpg

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
****, I need those jeans. Sweet fades.

I just got these, I sized three up, for ultra awesome anti fit. What do you think of the rips? Sweet, right?

http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.co...904504630.html

I wouldn't go for these myself. They are too trendy and will be "out of style" very soon. But if they are congruent with your personality...

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm amazed at what TR charges retail for their jeans. I'm assuming they do that because there are buyers at that price. Jesus, not even the self edge collab jeans are that expensive...

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
I wouldn't go for these myself. They are too trendy and will be "out of style" very soon. But if they are congruent with your personality...

How are a pair of jeans, WITH RIPS PRE INSTALLED, going to be out of style. I think you are crazy, Mkarim.

I bought them super big, b/c I read that non-skinny jeans were in. I plan on wearing them with some pointy toe boots and Mickey Mouse shirt.

It will be the **** and totally my personality, which is halfway between douche and dochetard.

mr. burns

Reaction score
you'd have a bigger boot budget if you bought some more reasonably priced [and better looking] jeans. just saying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads