• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First pair of TRs, what boots to wear?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nieman marcus is having a large online sale on mark nason boots. go check it out!

pdeng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. burns
you'd have a bigger boot budget if you bought some more reasonably priced [and better looking] jeans. just saying.

The jeans themselves only cost me about $60, I got them off this women who sells Ed Hardys/Rock and Republics/etc en masse in my area (though it is shady). I don't mind upping the boot budget, so any other ideas?

And thanks to everyone who's posting seriously.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pdeng
The jeans themselves only cost me about $60, I got them off this women who sells Ed Hardys/Rock and Republics/etc en masse in my area (though it is shady). I don't mind upping the boot budget, so any other ideas?

And thanks to everyone who's posting seriously.

do you live in LA? was the woman korean?

pdeng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
do you live in LA? was the woman korean?

I'm from LA and no the woman was not Korean. And I know, I know, it sounds shady and you guys probably think I got scammed and have a fake pair, but they're real. Trust me.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
she probably worked at the factory or something. my friend knows some koreans who sell TR/sevens/R&R etc in LA for cheap.

pdeng

Reaction score
Haha, I'm pretty sure the chick I talked to didn't work at the TR factory. I came by her stuff when I was googling and she had a MySpace that was in the same city that I lived in (pretty much Sacramento). She had a pretty big stock that was Hip-hop oriented and a few weird sizes, but it checked out.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it really matters if you have fake TRs or not hmm? I think I would give fake TR wearers more props.

You missed the bandwagon by about 4 years and btw this thread is useless without pics.

pdeng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I'm wondering if it really matters if you have fake TRs or not hmm? I think I would give fake TR wearers more props.

You missed the bandwagon by about 4 years and btw this thread is useless without pics.

Well said.

Anyway, I don't have the cable that links my camera to computer, but the link that I provided is identical to the pair that I have. Any help is still much appreciated though.

stick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by h4zin
also, if you havent caught on, people in this thread are making fun of you because true religions suck.

How do you not get it? This has been the only serious post in the entire thread. The entire forum thinks you're a trendwhore that bought an ugly ass pair of jeans.

For what actually looks good:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=40802

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
I think he's just jealous. Like, who doesn't want jawns named for a baby kangaroo?

F475

Reaction score
Some suggestions that should look really fly wit them TRs..

uglyrainboot.jpg

p4160013_2.jpg

14738-pc-r.jpg

deeluxe-vicious.jpg

pdeng

Reaction score
Well, thanks for the help anyway. I got a laugh at least.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics