Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

First pair of Common Projects and Supergas, how comfortable are these?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by R_Dorothy Wayneright, Jun 30, 2011.

1. R_Dorothy Wayneright

R_Dorothy Wayneright Member

I'm just looking for a high-quality, nice looking sneaker for weekend night outings with family and friends. I'm looking at CP for this and was wondering how comfortable they were. Are the running versions still available?

I'm also looking for a cool alternative to the Chuck Taylor. Something for short errands and downtime around the house. Are Supergas sneakers a little more comfortable than Chucks?

Of course, I can throw on some beater Nike's and call it a day, but we're here for fashion, aren't we?

Any input is very much appreciated!

--D.

2. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

the most comfortable sneakers I've ever owned were emma hope (out of OG Helmut Lang, CP, Dior Homme, KVA, etc). but CPs are definitely more comfortable than chucks, to answer your question. I would recommend the tournaments, high or low: http://www.ssense.com/men/product/co...utm_term=34593 The canvas highs are 160 or so on that site if that's your thing.

3. macuser3of5

they're lined in leather, canvas is just the outer material. and of course you can get tournaments/achilles in leather, too.

4. R_Dorothy Wayneright

Thanks, guys! Around $200 is the most I'm willing to spend, so those CP's are my thing. Those tournaments look great.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

they're lined in leather, canvas is just the outer material. and of course you can get tournaments/achilles in leather, too.

They are actually not lined in leather, but the footbed is considerably more comfortable than Chucks. I had to move away from Chucks because old age was making them too uncomfortable for long walks. I have no such troubles with my Common Projects.

If you really want comfort though, I would go with Pantafola d'oro (the captoe versions can give you issues, so go for the plain toe.) These are considerably more comfortable and more lightweight than Common Projects, though considerably less durable. Same goes with Golden Goose sneakers.

6. macuser3of5

the internets lied? ssense images and description indicate a leather lining, though maybe it isn't a full lining? Forgot about Pantafola, yoox has some good ones for $150 ish. Anyway, these are my most comfortable sneaker, unfortunately the price seems to have risen since I purchased a few years ago: http://www.endless.com/Emma-Hope-Men...showDesigner=1

7. LA Guy

the internets lied? ssense images and description indicate a leather lining, though maybe it isn't a full lining? Forgot about Pantafola, yoox has some good ones for $150 ish.
    I have a pair of grey high tournaments on the way from Aloharag, and I own a pair of the black leather ones. The canvas ones seem to have to have no lining (nice for summer) and the black leather ones have some foam padding, no lining. I like CPs because they are very versatile, and they hold up very well. For short trips, I bring an extra pair, and my running shoes, and I'm good. But there are definitely more cushy feeling sneakers. Hope makes really nice Chukkas. And yes, Hope is also an underrated brand.

8. darkknight

darkknight Senior member

if you zoom in on the ssense pics, it looks like the lining is leather. there're two different versions of those tourneys. previous season was all canvas with canvas lining, and the current ones with a leather trim and leather lining.

9. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I bought my first pair of Supergas and CPs in the last month (both leather versions) and first impressions are the CPs are much more comfy. Size up one in the Supergas (CP achilles 43 = Superga leather 44.)

10. dmash

dmash Senior member

Having owned a lot.........if you want comfort go for MMM GATs........way better than CPs IMO (comfort wise).

11. LA Guy

if you zoom in on the ssense pics, it looks like the lining is leather. there're two different versions of those tourneys. previous season was all canvas with canvas lining, and the current ones with a leather trim and leather lining.

I have a pair of the high grey tournaments coming my way, so I will report back on this.

12. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Having owned a lot.........if you want comfort go for MMM GATs........way better than CPs IMO (comfort wise).

I agree, MMMs are amazingly comfortable

13. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

yeah, they wear out pretty quick though.

14. R_Dorothy Wayneright

Common Projects don't come in half sizes? I usually wear a U.S 11.5...

I guess size 11 for me then?

15. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Common Projects don't come in half sizes? I usually wear a U.S 11.5... I guess size 11 for me then?
    44 should be perfect. (for the achilles, that is. I haven't tried the other models.)