• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FIRST MTM SUIT - NEED YOUR COMMENTS

jnb629

Reaction score
5'6
34 chest
32 waist
135 lbs

1. Need to hem the pants.
2. I think jacket sleeves too wide
3. jacket seems a tad long?

Need your comments, Thanks.

jnb629

Reaction score
Please help me suggest what to alter for prefect fit, thank you.

Weich77

Reaction score
Personally not too bad!

-pants length could be shorter.
-Sleeve can be narrower, but if you wear french cuffs, let it be.

Where have you bought this?

jnb629

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments.
I find the sleeve opening just right when I wear french cuffs, only the elbow area is a bit too wide.
I bought them from Hong Kong Zegna MTM.

addedfuel

Reaction score
Beautiful fit! Hem the pant and jacket length is really a personal taste. The current length is good but can be shortened by 2cm if you Ike.

jnb629

Reaction score
RE: Beautiful fit! Hem the pant and jacket length is really a personal taste. The current length is good but can be shortened by 2cm if you Ike.
Thanks. Will ask them to hem pants. Jacket length felt a bit long when I wear it, but looks proportional on the picture then maybe I'll just leave it like that.

RE: to me the leg opening is a little small
I'm not sure if this can be fixed, will have to ask them.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shorten the pants.
rest looks pretty good. there are some wrinkles in the lower back, not sure how this could be fixed.

That probably has the same cause as the slight pulling at the chest button. Therefore, letting the jacket out a bit at the waist should fix it.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The jacket is fitting too close on the hip due to the waistline being to low in back. The side view shows a sharp indent on the back part about at the top of the hips. Raise the point of the waistline on the side seams by letting the jacket out maybe 1/4" double from the top of the vents to the nothing at new waistline position.

Shorten the trouser.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads