• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

First MTM, Suit Fit Check - Oliver Wicks

pfjoshb

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Casual lurker who recently purchased a suit from Oliver Wicks.

I know online MTM doesn't get a ton of love -- but I wanted to see what you think of OW's first try. I went in with expectations that the suit was not going to be perfect the first go. Overall, I think they did a pretty good job. But my eye isn't as seasoned as many of yours when it comes to a good fit on a suit.

Suit: 40R, Charcoal Pick and Pick, Super 110s, VBC.
Trousers: Side tabs, suspender buttons.

I really appreciate any and all feedback. I am going to be emailing the rep tomorrow with my comments so anything is helpful! Thank you!

(Also, excuse the tag on the shirt, just got it from a subscription box the same time I was trying on suit and figured I'd put it on rather than get a clean dress shirt out).

Attachments

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take all this with a grain of salt:
There are several things off about the jacket. It is a little short on you but more importantly the buttoning point is very high and it looks tight in the chest. The buttoning point seems to be closer to the top of your breastbone than it is to your navel. The lapels are bowing () not straight V indicating chest tightness. The quarters of the jacket are quite closed. The shoulders and sleeveheads look off -- ends of the shoulders are protruding in a way that doesn't look good.

Trousers: The top block might be a little tight -- see the slight horizontal lines of tension across the front? I think the trouser pockets are flaring a bit, which goes along with the trousers being a little tight across the top block. The legs are slimmer than I like but they hang reasonably well, especially for how slim they are.

pfjoshb

Reaction score
Thank you!

I tend to agree with everything you said except for the jacket length. That’s the part that feels right about it.
Thanks again! Sounds like a total remake!

pfjoshb

Reaction score
I will note that the button is about three fingers above my naval if that means anything

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is not as high as I would have thought from the photos but think you could drop the buttoning point by 0.75" or so. Even though you think the jacket length is fine as is, if you do decide to lower the buttoning point you may want to lengthen the jacket by 0.5" to keep it looking proportional.

pfjoshb

Reaction score
That definitely makes sense. I definitely wished it came out better.

Anymore feedback is welcome. I’ll definitely keep you updated on Oliver Wicks reply and subsequent remake.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 155 31.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 141 29.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 55 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%