• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

First MTM suit advice

danc13

Reaction score
*POST TITLE SHOULD BE MTO, NOT MTM*

I'm purchasing a suit for my upcoming wedding and am between Suit Supply and Spier Mackay. I live in NYC so SS is easy, but SM has a couple options I'd prefer (high waist, front facing pleats). I'm not planning on traveling to Toronto any time soon. Which would you choose?

Last edited:

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that Spier and Mackay only does MTM with an in person visit. If you can get what you want with MTO and you already know that S&M OTR models fit you well, then I’d give the nod to S&M.

danc13

Reaction score
My understanding is that Spier and Mackay only does MTM with an in person visit. If you can get what you want with MTO and you already know that S&M OTR models fit you well, then I’d give the nod to S&M.
Oops, I meant MTO. Unfortunately, I don't have experience with any S&M models.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit is so critical here. You really need to see if their OTR suits fit you. You can make some changes for MTO but don’t expect to be able to turn a poor fit into a good fit by those adjustments. IMO S&M quality is better for the price than SS but the difference does not matter if SS fits better.

Phileas Fogg

Reaction score
I’m always biased toward a merchant that I can have a face to face interaction with. Suit Supply is not my thing but they are local to you and likely easier to deal with if there are any issues.

Fit is key as mentioned above. Good luck.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.