• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Modern Tailor Purchase

greenrebellion

Reaction score
I ordered one of their test shirts, can you guys comment on what should be tweaked here. Thanks in advance.

greenrebellion

Reaction score
Here's another view with top collar buttoned as well. Might help gauge the fit.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think it looks fine, maybe take in the waist just a tad. do the sleeves seem short?

how was the process overall and did you get your true size/measurements? I am interested.

confused as to which collar to get haha. first time :embar:

Last edited:

greenrebellion

Reaction score

i think it looks fine, maybe take in the waist just a tad. do the sleeves seem short?

how was the process overall and did you get your true size/measurements? I am interested.

confused as to which collar to get haha. first time :embar:

Sleeves seem ok, wouldn't want them any shorter though so I might add a tad on just to account for potential variance and shrinkage.

As far as accuracy, I was very meticulous when I first ordered (going off of another shirt I had that fit well while making minor tweaks), and when I measured the shirt they delivered, I was happily surprised at how well it matched my initial measurements.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh so you went off measurements from another shirt. I think that is the best route. I looked at their size chart for a slim fit 'S' and :butbut:

thank you for posting this, i will give it a try now!! :slayer:

Btw, do you remember which collar you got? the 'Classic'? All these other options look bad/i am inexperienced with.

I would probably go either 'classic medium', 'button down med', or 'italian' MAYBE the 'cut away' collar

Last edited:

greenrebellion

Reaction score

Oh so you went off measurements from another shirt. I think that is the best route. I looked at their size chart for a slim fit 'S' and :butbut:

thank you for posting this, i will give it a try now!! :slayer:

Btw, do you remember which collar you got? the 'Classic'? All these other options look bad/i am inexperienced with.

I would probably go either 'classic medium', 'button down med', or 'italian' MAYBE the 'cut away' collar

Yes, the collar in the pictures I posted is "Classic Medium"

effers

Reaction score
Fit looks good. I would say take the waist in a little, however, it is personal preference. Sleeves may be a tad short, especially when you consider jacket arm length/how much cuff you want to show with a jacket.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought sleeves were supposed to be around the wristbone when buttoned?

casestudy

Reaction score
Wow.. this shirt looks great. I am going to order from this place also... now loading my shopping cart. Also, there is not darts on the shirt shown right?

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hard to gauge correct sleeve length without seeing them with cuffs unbuttoned, and/or with arms bent at 90 deg.

Also, the medium cutaway collar with 8cm points (you need to ask for this) is ideal.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that the regular or slim fit pictured?

ajmanouk

Reaction score

Is that the regular or slim fit pictured?

Well since he used shirt measurements MT requests that you set the fit to regular. Slim fit is only used for body measurements (not recommended) + RTW shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads