• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First job search out of college, reccomend me a suit

dblb48

Reaction score

ppl has already given some advice in this thread and this prick keeps acting like an asshole and disrespecting everyone.
This is an online forum yes. There are also rules you must follow.
I hope a moderator steps in. I'm not looking forward to read another post from this marsupialed meathead (who is going to get a severe beating someday, or a bullet).

Everyone? No, only people who deserve it. In fact, I'm quite courteous to those offering real advice. Meathead? Hardly. Severe beating or bullet? You sir may have some issues you need to work out.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Everyone? No, only people who deserve it. In fact, I'm quite courteous to those offering real advice. Meathead? Hardly. Severe beating or bullet? You sir may have some issues you need to work out.

Honestly, with the attitude exhibited in all threats you started (blowing up and getting rude/insulting whenever someone dared to say a) that your question has been answered already a billion times or b) that the combos/watches/etc. you proposed are not exactly tasteful) you don't need to worry about interview attire. You will get plain and simple fired on the spot when you attack colleagues or supervisors like that. I am surprised your football coach lets you get away with this - unless you have your issues only online and not in real life, which I truly hope for you.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly, with the attitude exhibited in all threats you started (blowing up and getting rude/insulting whenever someone dared to say a) that your question has been answered already a billion times or b) that the combos/watches/etc. you proposed are not exactly tasteful) you don't need to worry about interview attire. You will get plain and simple fired on the spot when you attack colleagues or supervisors like that. I am surprised your football coach let's you get away with this - unless you have your issues only online and not in real life, which I truly hope for you.

This.

ChiquEvan

Reaction score
for my first job out of college....I chose a navy suit..traditional cut, and I'd wear white or light blue underneath.

best of luck

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks bud. I'll definitely look into the double vented. That is why I made a special thread because the majority of the people on this forum do not have the build I do, so the generic info isn't relevant to me. Again, thank you for answering my question without being a toolbag.

Shameless self promotion for my 40R and 42R suits listed in my signature. They are great wardrobe stables!

rathebaindc

Reaction score
Advice: Navy or charcoal suit, dark brown or black shoes, belt matches shoes, don't call people on SF short or too skinny, they get internet muscles.

FWIW: Wikipedia says the average height of a 20-39 year old white male in the US is 5' 10 1/2". So at 5'11" you really aren't short per se. That said, I'm a hare over 6'0" and I feel short more often than not.

Aqualung

Reaction score
So from top to bottom I need an entirely new interview suit. So what do I need in which pattern, color, etc.
Lets start from the bottom up: I need shoes, socks, the actual suit, shirt, ties, and accessories.
Assume I know nothing about matching or complimenting patterns and colors. I don't want to blend in an interview, but I also don't want to appear flashy and look like a jackass.
So what would you recommend? FYI, Im fairly short (5' 11") normal white skin tone, dirty blonde hair, Athletic build (215lbs) If you need anymore info, let me know. Thanks alot guys.

I find it hard to believe that you've reached the age where you're going for a job interview and have never wore a suit or "dressed up" for any occasion. OK, nevermind that, I'll make it easy. Get a BB catalogue (or something like it) and pick a business suit and just follow what the model is wearing and you'll be safe. Use that as a guide and then buy something in your price range.
And btw, athletic build means slim but solid. 5'11' and 215lb is overweight. There are so many fat people around today that people forgot what is normal.
175lbs is the heavyweight boxing min. Fighters like Rocky Marciano who was your height barely weighed 180 lbs and he was well built.
http://www.rockymarciano.net/about/photogallery/photo6.htm

No steroids that shrink your balls and make you look like a freak. And no muscle bound meathead types who use heavy weights all day long just so they can look like freaks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads