1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

First Jantzen - please critique

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gregaz, Feb 7, 2009.

1. bowtielover

bowtielover Senior member

I thinks it's a great fit, don't know that I would wear it with jeans though.

2. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Nice shirt! I'm tempted to buy from them next time I need a good shirt. The fabric looks really nice.

3. Cornellian

Cornellian Senior member

Sleeves actually look fine to me. I don't think you need to lengthen.

Although, I would wash the shirt about 3 times before making any final judgements.

4. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

So you took the measurements from the shirt laid on a flat surface, right? How exactly did you explain this to Jantzen in the 'remarks' section?

Yes, I measured it laying flat. He knew exactly what I was talking about and replicated it - lots of people do it this way.

My second order is supposedly on the way, but it's been since 02/12 ...

5. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

two things .
    the waist is too low, it seems like its at your hips. did you give a waist length? thats the distance from your neck bone down to your waistline.
    also the hips are about 2"tight on each side.
    these two things will assure you that the shirt will always climb out from inside of your trousers.
    the shaping of the waist must must be at the correct distance from the top. when tight at the hips and you move the cloth will creep up to the waist where it is looser.

6. why

why Senior member

Those jeans are so terribad.

7. gilwood

gilwood Senior member

8. jcc123

jcc123 Senior member

Expect to lose about 1" in length from the sleeves and half size in the neck after 5 trips to the laundry.

9. jc138

jc138 Senior member

Is this collar#5? That is what I generally get, although I decided to branch out a bit.

Maybe A4 would be a closer match to the STP shirt?