1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

First Interview Suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by paganoglenn, Jul 19, 2014.

1. paganoglenn

paganoglenn Member

Thank you everyone, especially Scottyb06. After the advice, I see where everyone is coming from. I originally liked the suit because it looked good on the runway and didn't think to deeply into it. I have decided on a more conservative navy blue suit. I am going to head my local Nordstrom (2 hours away) soon to find a good suit. I have been looking at this one, this suit and this suit. Will any of these work well?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

:slayer:
    (I didn't click to see the suits you are interested in.)

3. suited

suited Senior member

Those are much better. Boss isn't a favorite around here, but their suits are flattering on some people and picking it up on sale is a great thing. I prefer the second suit.

4. Scottyb06

Scottyb06 Senior member

You're welcome. I really like the second and third. I also own a Hugo Boss suit and love it. I only wear it a few times per year (don't need a suit for work) but think it looks great! I also really like the navy color on #'s 2 and 3. Be sure you also get them tailored well at a good place (Nordstrom will do well in this realm). When you're finished swing by the shoe department - I recommend Allen Edmonds or a similar level of quality. For your style I'd look at a pair of Carlyle or Fifth Avenue's in brown (Park Ave.'s would work as well but are likely too conservative or you). Post some pics when you're all done!

5. Scottyb06

Scottyb06 Senior member

One more thing - when you get to the store if you see a suit which really catches your eye - but is striped - stay away. Get a solid suit and you can pair it with different types/patterns of shirts. I fell into this trap and now have a suit which looks like I should be on Boardwalk Empire and never wear!