1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

First Indochino Suit - Are the shoulders too wide?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by oman112, Jan 7, 2013.

1. oman112

oman112 Member

I just got my first indochino suit--and it fits great (essential navy). I'm very (overly) anal though, and am curious if anyone else thinks that my shoulders are a little too wide? See picture below:

[​IMG]

I have a feeling I am being a little too nitpicky, but wanted to get others' thoughts.

2. oman112

oman112 Member

Or any other feedback?

3. oman112

oman112 Member

HELLO HELLO HELLO
    ECHO ECHO ECHO

4. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

If you want a better response, I have some crazy ideas...

1. Search. There is this amazing feature of the internet called "search". I don't know when it was invented, but probably like around the same time as Twitter. Or Instagram. Whatever. Anyway, you can use it to find all sorts of things, like that you should not shart up the front page by starting a new thread every time you want your special little question answered, especially not when there are existing active threads about your question. Meaning you should...
    2. Post in the "Fit Feedback..." thread, which is extremely active (almost 2500 posts) and devoted to this very topic. Since I must infer you have never heard of the concept of a "search engine" and stumbled onto SF completely at random (see item 1 above). I will save you the trouble of trying to master this difficult technology: http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions/
    3. Take better pictures. You want feedback on how the shoulders fit. In the lone photo you provided, your left shoulder is flexed because you are using your left hand to hold the camera. Not helpful. Since you can't figure out on your own what constitutes "better pictures", please read the first post in the "Fit Feedback..." thread before you shart up that discussion too with your crappy iPhone pics.
    4. Take more pictures. Front, back and side. You can't always tell what's going on with a suit from just one photo. Again, read the instructions in "Fit Feedback..."

Oh by the way, welcome to StyleForum and you have a lovely day! :)

5. oman112

oman112 Member

Do you feel good about yourself now that you have successfully put me in my place?

Sans the unnecessary snarky commentary, thank you for the feedback. I am new to style forum, and didn't realize there was a fit feedback section. I will also heed your suggestion about taking more pictures.

Not sure how the search engine has anything to do with this; and I have no trouble with technology.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  6. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

I feel great, thank you for asking! I appreciate that you have taken such an interest in my well-being and I will keep you apprised of my health as it develops over the coming years.

It has been my pleasure to provide feedback! The (IMO very necessary) snarky commentary is free. (You're welcome!)

I apologize for assuming that you don't know how to use a search engine. My original hypothesis was that you are unable to read or perhaps lack basic comprehension skills, having failed to notice that the "Fit Feedback" thread is posted very prominently in the scrolling place of honor on the very home page of StyleForum. But since you must have at least a passing level of literacy to have posted your original message, I was left with the only other possible explanation, namely that you never made it below the navigation bar at the top of the page having seen the "search" box there, and were somehow flummoxed by your attempts to utilize it. My mistake - back to the original hypothesis in that case!

Enjoy your time here! And once again, a hearty welcome to the forum!

7. oman112

oman112 Member

So polite. I originally accessed styleforum on a mobile device. Fit Feedback is not on the front page of the mobile version. Additionally, given that I am new to styleforum, I didn't have the inclination to search for "fit feedback". Unfortunately, my other search terms didn't lead me to the Fit Feedback thread. I did however see other threads about "My First Indochino suit..." Within those types of threads I didn't see anyone getting harrassed by the likes of you. So, I made the assumption, albeit an incorrect one, that I just need to start a new thread.

Would you care to take any other shots at me for no apparent reason?

8. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

They aren't too wide, but the chest doesn't fit. There's a huge collar gap and bowing lapels.

9. Roger Everett

Roger Everett Senior member

WELLLL --- didn't we get up on the wrong side of the bed today ! Could've been said in a more constructive way, don't you think.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    2 people like this.
  10. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I think better pictures are in order, but those two things were what I first noticed. Maybe the jacket just needs a tug, like McBrown seemingly does.

11. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Oman112,

How dare you post here! Haven't you ever heard of Ask Andy, or the GQ message board!!??

The shoulders look fine width wise from the not-that-helpful picture you have posted, but I agree that the collar of the jacket might be a big wide (not hugging your neck line as well as it could) and might be sitting a bit low as well. A side shot would help here.

12. oman112

oman112 Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013