• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Ebay Suit - good price?

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi -

Won the bid on my first ebay suit. Being the seller comes highly recommended on this board, I have no doubt the garment will arrive as described and top qulity. However, being the suit has been altered (although only the pants has been altered according to the seller) , I was wondering if I overpaid for the suit. I am sure once I receive it, I no longer will have this doubt, but just for the sake of it, want to get some opinions on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150012663807

thanks,

Ranjeev

Reaction score
Looks like a great suit at a great price. Very nice.

kali77

Reaction score
Very nice suit. Very nice price. Very nice seller. Enjoy the suit!

Gene

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That looks like a very nice buy.

The only thing I would comment on if the measurements are accurate is that it sounds like the shoulders are relatively tight compared to the width of the chest, etc... but that's just an observation, it might be perfect for you.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Overall, looks to be a solid purchase. Good price, quality from the photos looks great. I hope it meets your expectations upon its arrival to your doorstep.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
Nice suit. For ebay it seems a good price though local stores often beat ebay prices.
Often?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are happy at having parted with this amount of money for second hand item then it is OK.

kali77

Reaction score
smile.gif

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the inputs guys. I do think it was a decent price and a good deal , even given the garment is not in complete NWT condition ( which would prob. go for 2 times the price). Given that this highly reputable seller assured me the suit has never been worn or only a few times and is in brand new condition. Hopefully my high expectations will be met when I receive the suit in a few days.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
If you are happy at having parted with this amount of money for second hand item then it is OK.

Yes, this is a second hand item, but unless someone is in the "price is no consideration club", I think it is a very wise investment indeed! A mint solid charcoal Isaia for $405 is a great deal. And Honest*Goods is a very reputable Ebay seller(always remember, not all sellers are 100% reputable). The suit is probably in genuine mint condition. And if there are any issues, I bet he would accept a return.

For $405 you could have gotten something like a solid charcoal Brooks Bros. at retail or you could have gotten a good value from a direct internet seller like STP, but probably not as good as this Isaia purchase.

Good Luck and enjoy it! I think you did very well indeed!

pkincy

Reaction score
Has it arrived yet??

I find the Isaia to be a relatively close cut. I would call a e56R a 44R not a 45 or a 46.

In Isaia I wear a e54R which Neiman's calls a 42/43R. The e56R Neimans will convert as a 44R. And even than it will fit a bit tite for a 44R.

I do love the suits, their construction and of course their fabrics.

If you like it STP has a number of them that you can get in the $900 range with a 20% off coupon.

Perry

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
Has it arrived yet??

I find the Isaia to be a relatively close cut. I would call a e56R a 44R not a 45 or a 46.

In Isaia I wear a e54R which Neiman's calls a 42/43R. The e56R Neimans will convert as a 44R. And even than it will fit a bit tite for a 44R.

I do love the suits, their construction and of course their fabrics.

If you like it STP has a number of them that you can get in the $900 range with a 20% off coupon.

Perry

Hello Perry,
You give a good example of what I was saying. STP has similiar Isaias for about $900 which is quite a deal for a NWT Isaia. This Isaia was $405 from Honest*Goods. I think he did very well indeed. If someone has to have a new item, then by all means, buy new. This is an example of a good Ebay deal! As we all know, not all Ebay deals are "good deals". Remember bayoucandle!(Perry will understand this referance)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads