• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First dress shoe: good deal?

Booshi

Reaction score
Hate to ask this sort of thing, but some help would be appreciated. I've decided to make my first real dress shoe purchase, an Allen Edmonds Park Avenue in black. After shopping around a bit, I've come across a coupon code for 20% off at shoebuy (EMLSUMCLEAR08). If I combine this with the 10% off for new customers, and 10% off from ebates, this should theoretically bring the price down to $210.56 with free shipping and a free return. This coupon code actually expires today, so the question is: should I jump on this, or should I wait for a hotter deal?

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a very good deal on first quality Park Aves. I'd jump on it, assuming you've decided PAs are the shoes you want, and that's your price range.

ACDoyle

Reaction score
Go for it, I am very happy with my Park Avenue's, 210 is a good deal

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, that is the best deal i have seen. i picked up a pair during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for $220, which was the best deal I have seen.

Booshi

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the quick replies! I went ahead and ordered a pair. I figure since they offer free return shipping and exchanges, it won't hurt me much if they don't fit or if I don't like them.

Eagle

Reaction score
That's an excellent price for a great shoe. If I didn't already have Park Aves in black and burgundy, I would jump on it!

lateralex

Reaction score
I recently got PA's as my first "nice" dress shoe as well, they are great. Be sure you are getting a size small enough, my PA's are size 10D but I normally wear a 11.5 sneaker.

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very good price on a solid shoe. Go for it.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes go for it. Please do not be penny wise pound foolish. Those shoes will last for year do not attempt to save a couple more dollars which wyou will later spend for overpriced drink from vending machine.

ziggyosk

Reaction score
does that coupon work for everybody or just for you? I tried using it and it doesn't work.

My friend is looking for his first pair of "nice" dress shoes and doesn't want to spend more than maybe $200-250. He is looking for something basic like the PA's. Where can I get the best deal on that shoe or something similar?

Booshi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ziggyosk
does that coupon work for everybody or just for you? I tried using it and it doesn't work.

My friend is looking for his first pair of "nice" dress shoes and doesn't want to spend more than maybe $200-250. He is looking for something basic like the PA's. Where can I get the best deal on that shoe or something similar?

Unfortunately that coupon expired 9/29, so I managed to squeeze in an order in the nick of time. There will probably be more coupon codes in the future; if I find any, I'll post a PSA here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads