Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

First Day of School

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Metropolis, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Metropolis

Metropolis Well-Known Member

I'll be a Junior this year and want to start the school year out with a bang. My style is different. I prefer casual-classy clothes, rather than obnoxious colors and trends. I mainly try to work the black and whites (including gray scale) and an occasional side color. That color being dull, or along the lines of darker blues (navy), greens (forest), beige/khaki and purple - it's required to represent NYU in some way. With that being said, what do you think I should wear on the first day of school? I was thinking of wearing a simple brown v-neck sweater, with a white dress shirt underneath with a pair of skinny jeans (note - I only own skinny jeans) and then these chocolate slip ons. The skinny jeans are more of a.. dark wash, as for I don't like light wash jeans. But, a friend pointed out that I would look like a walking snickers bar. Yes/no? I was also thinking of my gray cardigan. Not sure what sort of shirt I want to wear underneath it - black? - with skinny jeans and these semi-high top shoes that I bought. Shoes Here. If you would like to suggest something totally different - By all means. My wardrobe is somewhat extensive, so I should be able to find something related to what your talking about. Just keep in mind - I don't want anything over the top. This is High School. :p

2. XeF4

XeF4 Senior member

I dont know, but nobody remembers what you wear on the other 364 days in the year, so make it count.

3. brohymn

brohymn Senior member

Stop asking the internet how to dress yourself.

4. Metropolis

I dont know, but nobody remembers what you wear on the other 364 days in the year, so make it count.

First impressions are everything!

5. YoungM

YoungM Senior member

I wore my new A.P.Cs and some Hollister western shirt.

Yay for lack of SF approval.

However, I greatly support over the top. People remember the eccentrics- and as long as you're outgoing and confident enough, you can pull ANYTHING off.

I just wish I had more totally WTF inducing stuff in my wardrobe. Alas, Senior year will have to be my great entrance.

6. XeF4

XeF4 Senior member

First impressions are everything!
    You should have thought of that your freshman year.

7. Metropolis

I wore my new A.P.Cs and some Hollister western shirt.

Yay for lack of SF approval.

However, I greatly support over the top. People remember the eccentrics- and as long as you're outgoing and confident enough, you can pull ANYTHING off.

I just wish I had more totally WTF inducing stuff in my wardrobe. Alas, Senior year will have to be my great entrance.

Hahaha. Oh, god. Why am I getting the picture of little Chelsea/SoHo Hipsters rushing through my head?

8. YoungM

YoungM Senior member

Meh, pretty definitely not me. I'm definitely not little, and not very hip either.

When I say grand entrance, I was hoping for ridiculous in a rather different way than you were probably thinking.

9. Metropolis

Meh, pretty definitely not me. I'm definitely not little, and not very hip either.

When I say grand entrance, I was hoping for ridiculous in a rather different way than you were probably thinking.

haha. What'd you mean?

I was thinking of like neon green shorts and shirts with some rocker from the 70s face on it. That would make me wtf.

(Which is ironic, considering I love SoHo.. But, there are so many people who just can't seem to wear an outfit that matches decently there.)

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

Baggy sweatpants, hi top Rick Owens sneakers with the laces undone, a seersucker jacket over a cardigan over a band tshirt or two.

Or jeans, sneakers and a t shirt/button down shirt.

11. Half Honky

Half Honky Well-Known Member

Where do you live? Isn't it still kind of warm for sweaters and cardigans?

+1

12. Metropolis

Where do you live? Isn't it still kind of warm for sweaters and cardigans?

78 is the expected weather for the day. Perhaps, I should just stick to a beige, or even dark blue button up? Simple look.

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

Dark blue button up with dark denim = no. Just wear a white shirt oxford shirt, untucked, jeans, and some sneakers or boots. Classic and good.

14. Metropolis

Well, I'd probably pull out the black pair for the blue button up top. :p Dark blue on dark blue would be a disaster.

15. XeF4

XeF4 Senior member