• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

First Date

allain2289

Reaction score
Where to take your girl on the first date?

I prefer a candlelight dinner in a fancy restaurant. For me it's still romantic. How about you?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
drinks at a lounge...

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
My house(windowless van)....make some girly cocktail(1 part roofie 2 parts chloroform) for them and put on a movie(camcorder by my bed)...60% of the time, it works every time.

Seriously though....I like taking them to a quiet bar for a well made cocktail.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lunch on a Saturday... or have a cocktail early in the evening.

word

Reaction score
Depends on the girl, nothing romantic though. Save that shit for later.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by word
Depends on the girl, nothing romantic though. Save that shit for later.

wurd......

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your couch

lol @ romantic first date..weirdo

ErnestoG.

Reaction score
i take her to the pharmacy at walmart to pic up my prescriptions and laxatives. if she is nice, ill treat her to a frozen dinner of her choice. we heat the dinners up in the employee lounge.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Only rule for first date is: Massive amounts of alcohol. Location irrelevant.

300zx1985

Reaction score
Dont do movie and dinner - its sorta lame and shows no imagination. I prefer to go to a place where you can walk around a bit and sit outside somewhere to chat if the weather is nice. Sushi bar is always fun, order a few drinks and order some sushi.... girls always seem to enjoy that.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some kind of low-key restaurant always impresses me because it isn't trying too hard. If it's a nice and well picked place (ie: good food but hidden away/hip), I usually have a great time.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It really all depends on the situation... I usually go to a restaurant/bar that's not too expensive. Someplace where people usually go after work or a low key place like tomgirl says. I've been to nicer restaurants, it can get kind of awkward depending on the person. Plus, if it's a somewhat inexpensive place, it's commonplace to split the bill. If you go to a nice restaurant sometimes women expect that it's your treat.

Once I went on a first date to the nicest bar in town for drinks (her choice and she paid, long story). It was incredibly romantic. I think that's a good idea too, but we had met once before and it was obvious we clicked.

cday

Reaction score
My GF and I went to Hibachi for our first date. If you have any pauses in the conversation, you can just comment on the chef!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tons of pressure on a first date means keep it casual so you can get to know each other but little room for awkard silences and unecessary to stare at each other for 2 hours. I suggest wine bar for light food and drinks then link up with friends after. She gets to know you and she gets to know how you roll. Second date is perfect for something more intimate as you have a little history to work with conversation/chemistry wise.

True Story- I met a hot girl at a bar and as a first date/meetup took her to a romantic french winebar on the day before valentines day (i.e. not casual). She started things off with a toast to "new friends"
. Because I'm a big time (then and now) I still paid the whole $100+ bill

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Some kind of low-key restaurant always impresses me because it isn't trying too hard. If it's a nice and well picked place (ie: good food but hidden away/hip), I usually have a great time.

This is pretty much my first date and 75% of all subsequent dates.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 74 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 141 33.3%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 69 16.3%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 35 8.3%