1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

First Chucka Boots: Clark's or Red Wings?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by StraitUpSuburbs, Dec 31, 2012.

Clark's or Red Wings?

1. Clark's to save some cash

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Red Wings

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Buy another brand (please specify)

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. StraitUpSuburbs

StraitUpSuburbs Active Member

My shoe collection is growing (Ferragamo Burgundy Oxfords, Alden for Brooks Bros Black Oxfords, Johnston & Murphy Penny Loafers I've had a while, and Sperry Canvas Saddle Oxfords) and I've been looking to add a Chucka Boot to the mix, preferably leather since I'm already familiar with maintaining leather and waterproofing it. Unless you have any other suggestions for my budget, I'm torn between saving money with Clark's Desert Troopers or saving up for a pair of Red Wings. You're all much more savvy than I am, which would you do?

Thanks!

2. kirbya

kirbya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I think you should go for Rider Boot!

3. chogall

chogall Senior member

Budget?

Clark's doesnt work well for flannels or suits IMO.

4. lucidream

lucidream Active Member

http://www.kennethcole.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11539979

I just bought these in Vegas KC store. Would have gotten black if they were sold there, but got tan. I would recommend these, they're quite nice and they're on sale! I like the 3 eyelets. I tried on clark's previously, and felt my ankle was falling out.