1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

First Bespoke Suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HitMan009, May 10, 2006.

1. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior Member

I have a question for ppl here who have gone the bespoke way. As I look at the first suits I ordered from different tailors, I realize to myself that the first suit always has inherent issues(i.e problems) even though I get 3-4 fittings. Only on the third suit is when I truly believe the fit/style issues have all been worked out. Is this true for everyone here? Did anyone get their first bespoke suit perfect?

2. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

No, but it was (and still is) perfectly wearable. In fact, my first three suits all went back for increasingly minor alterations that made them quite good. The fourth suit is underway. I'll see how it turns out.

dan

3. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior Member

Oh, I don't mean not wearable.. quite the opposite. They are perfectly wearable and probably perfect to the untrained eye. Just the nitpicking stuff I am talking about... the shape of the armhole, height of the breast pocket... nip of the waist... All measurements are probably half a centimeter in difference.