• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Armani and a good deal from Last Call

VooDooATL

Reaction score
Well I don't normally buy Armani, but as you all may know from my e-bay requests I was looking for a new grey suit. I was at a NM Last Call and found one in my size marked down. The nice girl also asked me about a NM card that would save me another 30%. Total was $225 for a basic grey suit, not too bad I think.

I have to say the fabric is very nice, and the cut is great. It looks good on me, or will once I see a good taylor.

The construction does not appear as good as any Burberry, but it is sharp looking for a solid light grey suit
smile.gif

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Armani varies. Collezioni/Emporio tends to be low quality (both construction and style-wise) but once in a while that line will have a decent, somewhat toned-down piece in it.

Black Label and Classico are much better, and made by Vestimenta using excellent construction methods.

I have a very modern Black Label jacket in an awesome ligher gray fabric (think Tom Cruise's suit in Collateral), 1-button high stance, narrow lapels, high gorge, unstructured. Bad part about Black Label/Classico is the price - this jacket retailed for $2850, though I did not pay that much for it.

VooDooATL

Reaction score
Collezioni Dang, maybe I am older then I think. I really do like the classic styles, Burberry and some of the RL stuff take up a good bit of space in my second closet
smile.gif
The wife used most of the master and my office went to the abomination, err.. I mean business casual a few years back. Actually even worse, when we moved to a new building (for IT) they went all the way down. Actually we are a major high end US retailer, so if it in the stores we can wear it. I know some TR jeans cost as much as nice slacks, but I will stick to the slacks.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Armani has been my choice, for more than twenty years. Every important piece to my wardrobe, is either Black Label, or Classico. I have Collezioni, as well. I'm a 38 regular; Armani fits me with very few alterations. Have been grateful to find a house that I could stay with, for so long. I love my vintage Armani, just as much as my newer additions. Congratulations, on your purchase.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads