• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First and only pair of Cuff links

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen I need you input. I do not have cuff links but I looking to acquire a first pair. since I do not need to waer these often I would like to solicit you recommendations as what to buy. This will be my only pair so I am looking something timeless and conservative if such thing exist in cuff links world.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would get some silk-knots first, they're so cheap you can buy a nice assortment of colours, then maybe look for vintage links on eBay or, if you have a bit more cash to spend, look at Robert Talbott as they have quite a few classic designs in silver/black that would be good to start with before getting something with a bit more colour.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laufer
Gentlemen I need you input. I do not have cuff links but I looking to acquire a first pair. since I do not need to waer these often I would like to solicit you recommendations as what to buy. This will be my only pair so I am looking something timeless and conservative if such thing exist in cuff links world.

What's your budget? If it's going to be your only pair and you can afford to spend a decent amount of money - you could get a nice pair of Stirling Silver Dunhill cufflinks. They do have some very nice conservative designs.

Alternatively, Duchamp provide some really nice cufflinks - both Stirlng Silver and a cheaper Rhodium plated option.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I was to only own one pair of cuff links it would be a tiffanys silver knot. They can go with anything.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plain white-metal blocks.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
What's your budget? If it's going to be your only pair and you can afford to spend a decent amount of money - you could get a nice pair of Stirling Silver Dunhill cufflinks. They do have some very nice conservative designs. Alternatively, Duchamp provide some really nice cufflinks - both Stirlng Silver and a cheaper Rhodium plated option.
Dunhill this, Dunhill that!
tounge.gif
Personally, I'd get double sided gold cufflinks on a chain with my initials engraved. Won't look out of place in 50 years time.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
Dunhill this, Dunhill that!
tounge.gif

Personally, I'd get double sided gold cufflinks on a chain with my initials engraved. Won't look out of place in 50 years time.

You can't go wrong with Dunhill!
wink.gif

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
If I was to only own one pair of cuff links it would be a tiffanys silver knot. They can go with anything.

So true. While my pair of silver knots is from Brooks Brothers, they are my go-to cufflinks.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone thank you for the input.

To answer some questions.

First I do not like gold I would much prefer silver.

Second since I am buying something taht will hopefully last for time to come my budget would be up to $200.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.treasuredfinds.com/Produc...Cuff-Links.htm

This is the pair I purchased. I don't know the price of sterling silver knots from Dunhill or Brooks Brothers, but $19.95 is going to be tough to beat. Great service too. They literally ship the same day as you order. They also have a lot of other cufflinks to choose from.

Smahatma

Reaction score
I would go for a pair of basic mother of pearl cufflinks

it can be had inexpensively from Kent Wang

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plain silver oblongs.

mdavie

Reaction score
It all depends on what occassions you would be wearing them for. If it is for daily business wear, then go for something simple and not too flashy. (in the image) http://www.jamesvii.com/accessories/2 But by the sounds of it, you will only wear them for special occassions, so you can afford to get something more funky and that will show your personality. Dunhill has some good unique pieces to add some flare to your wardrobe. http://www.dunhill.com/en-us/catalog...ery/cufflinks/ I recommend silver over gold as it goes with a lot more shirt fabrics. Watch out for coloured stones as it can become a pain to match as well. But if you have a go-to french cuff shirt then match accordingly. --------------------------------- www.jamesvii.com

Nexus6

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
http://www.treasuredfinds.com/Produc...Cuff-Links.htm This is the pair I purchased. I don't know the price of sterling silver knots from Dunhill or Brooks Brothers, but $19.95 is going to be tough to beat. Great service too. They literally ship the same day as you order. They also have a lot of other cufflinks to choose from.
Congratulations, I guess.
confused.gif
Maybe I am getting old or something. Looks like barbed wire somehow. With my luck in life, if I wore those, people would think I escaped from some concentration camp, or they'd send me to one, convinced I belong there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads