1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

First AE Dress shoe, defects or normal?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Veridis, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Veridis

Veridis Well-Known Member

Let me start off by saying that the service at AE's Madison avenue branch in new york is excellent and I am very pleased with the store experience.

I was wearing contact lens when I was buying these walnut strands, so I did not notice these small little details.

It's the most expensive shoe I've bought in my life, so I'm a little paranoid. Paid full retail for these.

Here are the photos:

Inner side of right shoe. Seems like it was not cut properly. (brown part, not the black part.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Roughness on the outside of the left sole. I have no issue with this if the color can be filled in with polishing.
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think?

2. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

I have seen much worse from Allen Edmonds. I would keep them, but if they really bother you exchange them for a different pair.

3. chogall

chogall Senior member

defect. return. the heel is not mounted properly.

wont impact anything functionally tho. so if you are willing to endure the slight imperfection, get a huge discount from it. :)

4. Veridis

I have posted the same thing on the Allen Edmonds thread too, apologies if this is against the rules. The this just didn't show up when I posted it!

5. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

its fine, wear them.

1 person likes this.
  6. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Quad speaks the truth. There is nothing wrong with these! Congratulations on your purchase and enjoy in good health. :)

7. Veridis

Are things like this common? I am wondering if the excess material can be carved off with a knife. Hmmmmmm..

8. Latour

Latour Active Member

I don't know if it's the lighting but why are the soles white?

9. eluther

eluther Senior member

+2

These are shoes - the roughness on the left sole would get duplicated after wearing them in real life once, and the heel issue is entirely a non-issue. I understand feeling fussy about your first big purchase, but they're shoes that go on your feet - they don't need to be in absolutely pristine, NASA-engineered condition.

10. ajmanouk

ajmanouk Senior member

11. Veridis

It's the lighting, they are a pale beige. Sorry for the slow replies, my posts take a long time to appear because they have to be approved by a moderator each time (new member). :)

Seems like most people think it's fine. I'll probably keep it then. Thank you all!