• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fiorentini&Baker Black Corded Boots - any alternatives?? (...no...)

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have just discovered I like wearing nice clothes (shocker.... i'm sick of looking slum as hell all the time like the other engineers, day in and day out).

I am in the market for some boots.

I stumbled upon Fiorentini & Baker's Black Corded Boots:

http://www.stylebop.com/product_deta...21&ia-pmtrack=

I looked else where but, by this style name, not many retailers came up on search. I found a similar pair on gimme shoes: F&B Elios:
http://www.gimmeshoes.com/product_in...oducts_id=1538

but they appear to be a bit different in the way light reflects off them, the ones on style bop looks more classic-worn leather (which I dig over the other, shiny-er Elios photo). Are they the same? and if so, what do you all think?

I love the style and want them like crazy but I am fighting myself over that price tag!
Are there any alternatives that are similar? Or anywhere near as classic and classy a style? Knowing I like these, anything else come to mind that maybe i should consider before taking the dive for these??

I've never owned a pair of really nice, well, anything, let alone shoes so please help fill in the noob here:

These shoes are not really made for heavy wear right? like, one only wears $430 dollar boots on occasion? I'm fearful of wearing through the soles and, i love the style, and for that price, I wanna get my time in (but I don't want to ruin them!!!)

My birthday is next month and I'm really betting on getting these for myself. Worth it? And if so, fill me in, how do I get the most out of these damn expensive kicks?

Thanks everyone for helping me find what I want! I'm definitely digging these boards

-Ben

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads