• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Finsbury shoes

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Without knowing where you intend to wear this, you won't get many useful answers. Finsbury are a good low to mid-range French maker comparable to Loake and Barker in the UK, and this particular model is non-traditional and asymetric in its design, which will also get little love here (although I don't think they are the worst example of an unecessary departure from tried and tested designs that I have seen by a long way). The shoe colour would also work with suit colour although British traditionalists will tell you that black is the only colour shoe to wear with navy.

Last edited:

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not for your wedding. Get Park Avenues, the most classic dress shoe you can get. They'll serve you well for years to come.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not for your wedding. Get Park Avenues, the most classic dress shoe you can get. They'll serve you well for years to come.
They aren't in the British context, where the OP is posting from. There are many as good or better options for classic dress shoes Made in Britain.

If I was him, and given the implied price range he has indicated, I would check out Herring Shoes for his options, particularly the Herring Premier range, Loake 1880, Barker Heritage, and the Cheaney Classics or 125 range. Herring also have a lot of stuff on sale at any one time, and you can search by size etc.

muscleflex

Reaction score
Apologies and thanks.
It's for my wedding in Sept. The suit is navy blue.
Budget is around £200 - £250

I was planning on just getting Hugo Boss shoes as well but I want to ask you experts first. I want to impress obviously :)

havingaraveup

Reaction score
They aren't in the British context, where the OP is posting from. There are many as good or better options for classic dress shoes Made in Britain.

If I was him, and given the implied price range he has indicated, I would check out Herring Shoes for his options, particularly the Herring Premier range, Loake 1880, Barker Heritage, and the Cheaney Classics or 125 range. Herring also have a lot of stuff on sale at any one time, and you can search by size etc.
All this is really good advice, starting with straying from Park Avenues to the Herring lines. +1000

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's