1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Finest money clip?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by -5pace.pirat3]+, Mar 26, 2005.

1. -5pace.pirat3]+

-5pace.pirat3]+ Member

i have a thing for money clips. hope i'm not alone here. i used to have a thing for wallets, but i grew out of that, $hoooot. [​IMG] who do you guys think makes the the best ones? i have a colibri and a versace right now, they're both pretty scratched up. [​IMG] i'm willing to spend $400-few grand for my next one

2. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

$400 to a few grand is a lot, too much to spend for a money clip in my opinion. I carry a coach magnetic money clip, but I imagine you wouldn't care for that. I think there is nothing more classic than a Tiffany and Co. sterling silver money clip. One of these days I'm going to get around to ordering one.

3. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

-5pace.pirat3]+, private message Styleman or Kalra. They should be able to help you.

4. Tom

Tom Senior member

I used to use a magnetic money clip, but if I stuck a BART ticket in it or a credit card, that would be the end of the magnetic stripe.
    =(

5. ernest

ernest Senior member

Put your notes in your pocket of pants, you could have the pleasure of touching them all the day.

6. JleC

JleC Member

I've used a silver clip from Tiffany's, but found that silver wasn't really resilient enough, i.e., it deformed from too many bills. I was thinking about getting a silver paperclip to replace it, as I think it would last longer.

Matt

7. mistahlee

mistahlee Senior member

Please be careful, -5pace.pirat3]+.  On December 11, 2004, in the early evening my solid gold money clip was dropped somewhere on Madison Avenue.  So great is my disgust with myself I cannot allow me to have another. [​IMG]

8. arenn1

arenn1 Well-Known Member

What is the price on a Tiffany's money clip?

9. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

the one I bought cost $110.

10. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

I've been able to forgive myself and have replaced with like, over the past 7-8 years, a Brigg umbrella and a silver Dupont lighter. Perhaps 3 1/2 months is sufficiently long for penance or, if superstitious, the object brought you good fortune (except, of course, for losing it). [​IMG]

11. boston

boston Senior member

I bought a fossil magnetic clip (leather) with card wallet attached to it.

The magnetic clips are good for 0-10 bills. The "clip" clips are good for 5-20 bills. I also really like the card wallet -- it's handy for drivers license, credit card, etc.

I think money clips are a good way to force you to keep your wallet organized.

-boston

12. misterbowles

misterbowles Senior member

I'm partial to my Manchester City money clip...

13. -5pace.pirat3]+

-5pace.pirat3]+ Member

about $100-175(+8/25 for machine/hand monogram) or around $1000 for a gold one, says their website
    i'm considering a versace sterling, the one i have now is steel and it doesn't have open/magnet mechanism, and now you can see in the middle where there's strain from a few too many bills/cards [​IMG] not to mention alot of little scratches and dents

14. The Contrarian

The Contrarian Well-Known Member

Did you really just resurrect a 4 year old thread to shill for your product? At least be subtle about it.

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It's not rotating !!! [​IMG]