• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finely Made Ponchos?

brandonbrandon

Reaction score
My friend has a particular way of dressing that I find to be unique and very suiting to his personality. I was pondering on the idea of a well made stylish poncho that would also suit him very well.

Anyone have any ideas or have seen such things?

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poncho as in rain poncho or poncho as in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't imagine a "stylish poncho", perhaps that is my failure.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TKJTG
Poncho as in rain poncho or poncho as in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly?

Was going to ask the same thing.

While I was living in Argentina, picked up a handmade gaucho poncho as sort of a novelty. Handwoven and hand-dyed. Beautiful thing. Since getting back to the states I've wanted to wear it more and more in public, but still can't totally find an excuse to go so wild.

As far as that sort of poncho goes - go to the source. Almost anything in the USA would be a tourist-level grab, I imagine.

Small towns and genuine talabarteria stores in Northern Mexico, Southern Brazil, Northern Argentina, would work well for the real deal.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Bless
70726f647563742f666563323661373761642e6a70670033303000.png

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG has recurring ponchos in their line, maybe not really stylist but not dull either and very functional w/hood and cinch straps, also wwm has one this fw season in the blue/black pattern w/hood too.

These are not traditional ponchos like the ones from south america but they're more geared towards cold winter weather and functionality, which assuming if you're friend is in ottawa too, might be something worth checking out.

brandonbrandon

Reaction score
I didnt really have a specific type in mind, just looking for a variety, I suppose. I live in Canada so it's hard to find the authentic ones unless I do take a trip to those places suggested. Any one find any mail order sites?

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
not a poncho but perhaps your friend, OP, could branch out ?
27_MCCAPE_029.jpg

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
only post pics from 2-3 keep the rest on a list for meself can't be bothered to share 395 bookmarks you see

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So in other words,

Posting from: Project no. 8, Doshaburi,
Keeping to yourself: Piperlime.com, Ann Taylor for sniping.

I see how it is. Hogging the goodies for yourself.
mad.gif

Consider your spot blown, wise guy ! !

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
what on earth is piperlime and don't you mean ann d ? got it organized by item & store

you already saw in your screenshot tutorial a folder called shopping hapi meri xmax ^_^

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meet Piperlime, the shop for women's shoes, handbags, apparel, and jewelry. We're your insider's guide to the top trends of the season.
I'm so 3008 you so 2000 and late gotta get it now boom boom boom?
shoes.jpg
n e way, back to ponchos.
5.jpg
for the family that has everything

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads