• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine cutlery, EDC, and pocket jewelry": Here we post reviews, recommendations, tips about and appreciation of.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Agree. Aesthetically I have to say I almost always prefer micarta over titanium.

Some knives do well with titanium, but I agree they often end up looking boring. Ones with designs on the titanium are where they can shine. The special edition knives at UrbanEDC are a prime example.

In the same way this one stands out because of the milling on the micarta. I wonder if they have plans to do a version in natural micarta.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Another plus of the micarta version. It's almost $100 cheaper.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never been a huge fan of titanium in knives, but then I come at this from a more traditionalist perspective. My first pocket knives were the SAK my grandpa gave me for my tenth birthday and a Buck knockoff by Coast.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. Aesthetically I have to say I almost always prefer micarta over titanium.

I guess more specifically, I like the contrast of a handle with color and texture as opposed to just smooth Ti.
I prefer titanium, but I most prefer titanium with micarta inlays. You get the strength of titanium, particularly in a framelock, but you get a nice warm texture and visual appeal and soime grippiness (even in the smooth micarta that is the traditional micarta used in pocket knives).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
477335B9-CB30-4023-9C62-B5AD2381F23D.jpeg

Sage Grouse leather wallet
Peña Apache with Seigaiha pattern from UEDCS
Daily Customs Swiss Army knife tinker
Laulima metal works Hoku flashlight
Serge Panchenko lion dancer stash box

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My brother bought a TRM Neutron this week. He claims it will be his “only” but I feel like he’ll get sucked in now.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brother bought a TRM Neutron this week. He claims it will be his “only” but I feel like he’ll get sucked in now.
That's like saying that you really enjoyed that drink, but you'll never want another one again. The only thing keeping me in line is that I have two knives that I actually want, that are not readily in stock: the Microtech MSI, and then the Hawk Shortcut, for which I am waiting for my second invoice. For this little group here, I may make a little prize for you guys at the end of the year. I don't know what it is yet, but it wll for sure be something that is a near "unobtainable" of which I just have 2 - Pena Apache Seigaiha, WinterbladeCo Factor, etc.. Something like that. I would say Koenig Arius, but I am basically a pauper by Manhattan standards, living in a hovel, and can't afford that. When I start to complain about the price of gas for my 911 or how $5M condos are trash, then you'll all get that Arius, with complimentary Daytona! Y'all should wish me into winning Powerball.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A local chef near me almost died in an accident when he hit his boat’s prop last summer. He found a knife maker to use the metal plates, staples and screws from his surgery to make him a knife.
E5BD51F2-9F9B-4DB3-BC1C-3F6391436E58.jpeg
B02C8128-6030-4478-945B-1D35D3CD53FD.jpeg
6130BF1C-999F-4D36-9FF0-093163048B8A.jpeg
B5C76716-4C2A-4806-B9C5-9176BAA7A571.jpeg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm normally not a slipjoint guy, and definitely not a slipjoint with no cli[ guy, but this, from WESN collaborating with Real Fun, coming out on March 28, tempts me:

Henry_Real_Fun._Wow_Lifestyle_480x480.jpg
Now here!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Now here!

Wish more makers would get creative with handle designs. The market is flooded with solid colored G10 and this seems like a way to have your knives stand out.

Last edited:

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
English jacks.

I have a GEC in the car that I messed up sharpening with the stones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads