• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine cutlery, EDC, and pocket jewelry": Here we post reviews, recommendations, tips about and appreciation of.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Excellent knife. imo, about $100 high.

But, this code for 10% seems to work: MNMLVISUALS

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Profile-1_bd53824a-8fc4-4cc1-a063-bba4a77413f4_2000x.jpg

New Seigaiha patterned knife at Urban EDC Supply - the microshrike: https://urbanedcsupply.com/collections/drop/products/urban-edc-micro-shrike-seigaiha
Loolks tp be a nice hollow grind, which is perfect for a small EDC (2.6" blade.)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not this time. I have my shortcut second invoice expected this week, so that's the knife budget. I like things like that and my Good Art one for travel, since they are just either weird jewelry (Good Art) or a fidget toy ( I have little comb attachment to dispel all doubt) until I get to the other side.

But that knife is a great one if you like thumb flickers vs. front flippers, which somke find harder to use.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not this time. I have my shortcut second invoice expected this week, so that's the knife budget. I like things like that and my Good Art one for travel, since they are just either weird jewelry (Good Art) or a fidget toy ( I have little comb attachment to dispel all doubt) until I get to the other side.

But that knife is a great one if you like thumb flickers vs. front flippers, which somke find harder to use.

Ignore this and do it! :slayer:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like I've been stimulating the knife industry more than you have recently. Seriously, do your part. Do you really want a recession? Do your part.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really pocket knife related, mine are really utilitarian for use in the woods regularly, but how do you guys sharpen them? I’ve yet to find a shop that does it, and I suck with a wet stone. And the kitchen thingies don’t really put on a good edge either.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, my favorite version of one of the best Benchmade knives out there right now is on sale. Mine was so smooth but solid from the moment I got it about a year ago:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really pocket knife related, mine are really utilitarian for use in the woods regularly, but how do you guys sharpen them? I’ve yet to find a shop that does it, and I suck with a wet stone. And the kitchen thingies don’t really put on a good edge either.
For field sharpening, get this:

DO NOT GET THE CHEAPER yellow standard Worksharp one. The fine diamond stone is not nearly as fine a grit, and your edge will not be as sharp. I find that with just that, I can get a most super steel knives (S30V, S35VN, S45VN, Magnacut) to shaving sharp, and get harder steels (M390, 20CV, 204P. etc...) to a decent working edge.

For something that has less edge retention but takes and edge more easily, like 3V and Cruwear, semi-stainless steels, I can get to a screaming sharp edge. Same with RWL34 and CPM154CM (and also Damasteel, which I think uses these as building blocks). Whatever soft ass steel Victorinox you can get to ridiculously sharp as well, thoug the edge is also easily lost.

Carbon steels like 8670, it's not even fair. You can get a shaving sharp edge with the bottom of a coffee mug and the rough side of your bridle or harness leather belt, and with that system, you can get an edge that pops hairs. (the blades will easiy rust without oiling though, unless coated).

I also use a Wicked Edge system:

and can get a good edge on pretty much anything that will take one, but that is for home use, and useless in the field. Modern steels would seem like magic to people just a century ago.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm normally not a slipjoint guy, and definitely not a slipjoint with no cli[ guy, but this, from WESN collaborating with Real Fun, coming out on March 28, tempts me:

Henry_Real_Fun._Wow_Lifestyle_480x480.jpg

Now we’re talking. :inlove:

More makers should do unique handles like this. So much of the market is the same titanium slabs and solid G10.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The black micarta handle looks well done.

9236100A-6BDB-4A71-B691-7A0E6F6A2CF3.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads