• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

finding non-spray cologne

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry if this is a dumb question. is it easier to find cologne in a pour, as opposed to a spray, if one buys in europe? everything i see here seems to come in a spray bottle.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any bottle is pour if you take the cap off no?

I find that most are spray, and I like this. If you want to use the pour method, I have just depressed slowly to release in un-spray form.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A few bottles have removable atomizers, but most are sealed on - once you break the seal you've got to decant it into another sealable container. Some just aren't sold any way but spray.

Dane

Reaction score
It's very true...North Americans tend to like to spray things, while in Europe, it's much easier to find splash bottles. Some companies include both (Dior Homme colognes, Serge Lutens).

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me (being an American!) but I HATE a splash. If I end up with a splash, I always transfer it into an atomizer.

I agree with T, though, that you'll want to be careful trying to get the atomizer off of 90% of bottles... you'll break them or have to do some major pulling to get it off. And, the top won't go back on once you break the seal.

Dane

Reaction score
I do the same thing. I have a bag of atomizers for that very reason.

MLIW

Reaction score
Thats because americans are smelly!

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MLIW

At least we brush our teeth.

OH SNAP!
deadhorse-a.gif

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MLIW
yeah, americans are the ones that use too much cologne
sarcasm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads