1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Finding Longwings

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jmca1, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Jmca1

Jmca1 Well-Known Member

I was hoping the collective could help me out. I have decided I want a pair of black longwings, but I can't seem to find what i'm looking for (though as of this writing I have a few emails out there) I tried AoC, Leather Soul, Leffot, and am waiting for emails back, but no one seems to have any, let alone in my size (11.5E or 12d). Any suggestions on where I might find a pair. I don't think I would spend more than $500, but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

James

2. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Allen Edmonds or Alden Perhaps?

3. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

Call the Alden store in NYC, or maybe some other Alden stores in the country for a phone order perhaps. Also did you check shoemart?

4. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Senior member

5. matthelm

matthelm Member

6. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

Call BB in Manhasset. They may have some Black Fleece shell longwings left in stock. They are made by Alden. I have a pair and I really like them.

7. minnesotamoon

minnesotamoon Well-Known Member

What do you suggest wearing this style of shoe in black with?

8. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

I'm in South Florida, but ordered a pair of the BB Black Fleece shell longwings from the madison avenue store earlier this month. The store's number is 212-682-8800, ask for the black fleece department (ext. 3339), then ask for Gabriel. The shoes were on sale for $400 - regular price is $800. I may have gotten the last pair of 12D, but if so I suspect that Gabriel can find a pair for you at another store.

Good luck!!

9. Jmca1

Jmca1 Well-Known Member

I tried Manhasset, Madison, Scarsdale and White Plains BB.... all of which are closed for the evening!!!! Earlier today I tried Leffot, Alden of Carmel and Leather Soul. I did not try shoemart yet, I figure Ill try those after BB tomorrow. I have forgotten what the Black Fleece long wings looked like, so if anyone has a pic, I would appreciate it

Thanks for the input so far. Matthelm, I appreciate the link, but I am not a fan of the pebble grain, though the price is quite good!

10. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

11. Jmca1

Jmca1 Well-Known Member

I decided to jump a few time zones and speak to someone in Black Fleece on Rodeo drive... they are trying to see if they can find a pair for me. I hope I can still get them for $400!!!! This is my early bday present to myself. I'm hoping I can get them for my bday which is Saturday. Wish me luck!

12. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

I decided to jump a few time zones and speak to someone in Black Fleece on Rodeo drive... they are trying to see if they can find a pair for me. I hope I can still get them for $400!!!! This is my early bday present to myself. I'm hoping I can get them for my bday which is Saturday. Wish me luck!

Good luck.

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Good luck. They're great shoes and well worth the effort. I wore mine today.

14. Jmca1

Jmca1 Well-Known Member

Well,

As of this writing, I'm still waiting for Rodeo Drive to get back to me.... I wonder if he will, I forgot his name to be honest (I couldnt quite understand it when I called) Worst case, ill just call Manhasset and Madison tomorrow.

15. Jmca1

Jmca1 Well-Known Member

PS Thanks for the well wishes!

16. LesterSnodgrass

LesterSnodgrass Senior member

I don't understand this shoe in black.

17. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Is there a reason the standard Alden 975 won't work?

18. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I don't understand this shoe in black.
    It's classic and works well when formal business attire is needed, but YMMV. I'm in a pair of black Alden shell longwings today.

19. Gem-bean

Gem-bean Active Member

20. sine23

sine23 Member

Try calling the Alden Shop in SF. They got me a pair of Alden 975 in less than a week, after I struck out with numerous online retailers.