• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

finding "larger" sizes in Tokyo, and tailor info

emci13

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope that there are some style people who live in Tokyo who might be able to throw me a bone.

I recently came to Tokyo for a one year gig, and found some part time work at a job that requires me to own a whole lot more dress shirts than I already do. The only catch is that my proportions are in general larger than much of what Tokyo has to offer. I'm a 17.5 in neck, 35 in. sleeve (that's about 44-45 cm neck, 88 cm sleeve). This is just past the largest size most stores offer, both online and in brick and mortar. I'm even *just* out of range for Brooks Brothers here!

I'm trying to find some reasonably priced (though I can understand if this isn't possible--this is Tokyo after all) dress shirts that would fit my size. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look?

On a side note, my sizes are just right for Uniqlo's standard XL size dress shirts. Except that they're slightly too long, and everything looks billowy. I'm hoping to keep this as a last resort, but if I end up having to just get Uniqlo shirts hemmed, can anyone recommend a reasonable tailor in the Setagaya area (from Shinjuku back on the Odakyu line, or on JR Yamanote)?

Thanks so much in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads