• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finding Bigfoot

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BED95133-9DDF-43B9-BBE1-7623F1C746A2.jpeg

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A family, including children, commenting on what their cell phone is recording in the woods. This freaky series has broadcasted quite a few videos of some thought provoking occurrences.

Attachments

• 20200207_205314.jpg
    20200207_205314.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 244

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thought occurs to me that with a large portion of the forested areas of California having burned in the past couple of years that a few Bigfoots would have been either found roasted or flushed out...if there were indeed any in there.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Participating in this thread once again inspired me to try to find out whatever happened to Peter Byrne, the last of the old "Bigfoot Pantheon" (as I've heard it called) still standing. The most recent info I could come by dated from July 2019, when the old boy was still roaming the woods of Oregon looking for the creatures at the very ripe old age of 93. Quite a dashing figure he was in his younger days and almost invariably accompanied to Bigfoot confabs by sundry attractive young ladies considerably his junior, I'm told. He had more professional credibility than most Bigfoot hunters, having been a "Shikari" in India before big game hunting there was exhausted during the 1960s. Despite his background as a hunting guide, he was very much a paladin of the "peace squad" of Bigfoot enthusiasts, as opposed to the "kill squad." As you might surmise, they were divided over the question of whether a BF should be killed to establish the reality of the species. Back when I was a believer, I was very much on the side of the kill squad.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thought occurs to me that with a large portion of the forested areas of California having burned in the past couple of years that a few Bigfoots would have been either found roasted or flushed out...if there were indeed any in there.

presumably Foot would be adapted to a natural fire regime in habitus

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...bumping off three people would seem kind of out of character for a Bigfoot, but maybe they were really riled by these types invading and polluting their forest.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the current New Yorker there is an article about the Dyatlov Pass incident. This occurred in early February of 1959. A party of nine Russian cross-country skiers were found dead in mysterious circumstances. All kinds of fanciful hypotheses have been suggested. One of them was that they were killed by a "yeti." It would have taken a very tough yeti to have overpowered nine lusty young Russians (seven men, two women) armed with knives, ski poles, hatchets and such. Anyway, a Russian investigator has come up with a plausible solution: Briefly summarized, the Russians' tent was partly buried by a snow slide. Fearing a greater avalanche would follow, they fled the tent. Disoriented, partly undressed, in 20-below weather, they were unable make it back to the tent and died of cold and exposure. Occam's Razor seemingly has shaved the yeti hypothesis!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thread needs more idfnl.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Absolutely! He was the very soul of this thread. He pulled out of the Dressed Well forum also. He may just have burned out on forum culture

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must apologize for repeating a point I have made earlier in this thread, but at the moment a fire has burned about 90 square miles in the Siskiyou National Forest in Northern California. This has always been prime Bigfoot country. We'll see if a roasted BF carcass or two is discovered or some are captured badly burned and in need of medical attention. I suppose it's quite possible, but I'm not going to hold my breath!

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if I stumbled upon roasted Bigfoot I’d be tempted to try a small bite

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Participating in this thread once again inspired me to try to find out whatever happened to Peter Byrne, the last of the old "Bigfoot Pantheon" (as I've heard it called) still standing. The most recent info I could come by dated from July 2019, when the old boy was still roaming the woods of Oregon looking for the creatures at the very ripe old age of 93. Quite a dashing figure he was in his younger days and almost invariably accompanied to Bigfoot confabs by sundry attractive young ladies considerably his junior, I'm told. He had more professional credibility than most Bigfoot hunters, having been a "Shikari" in India before big game hunting there was exhausted during the 1960s. Despite his background as a hunting guide, he was very much a paladin of the "peace squad" of Bigfoot enthusiasts, as opposed to the "kill squad." As you might surmise, they were divided over the question of whether a BF should be killed to establish the reality of the species. Back when I was a believer, I was very much on the side of the kill squad.

You remind me of my grandfather who, after my grandmother wondered what kind of bird it was up in the tree, said “You want me to shoot it so you can get a closer look at it?”

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread made me make another attempt to find out whatever happened to Peter Byrne, the last of the old "Bigfoot Pantheon." Well, as of March 22 of this year, the old boy was still out in the woods looking for Bigfoot...at the very advanced age of 96!!! More power to him! Geezers rule!

jack webb

Reaction score
I must apologize for repeating a point I have made earlier in this thread, but at the moment a fire has burned about 90 square miles in the Siskiyou National Forest in Northern California. This has always been prime Bigfoot country. We'll see if a roasted BF carcass or two is discovered or some are captured badly burned and in need of medical attention. I suppose it's quite possible, but I'm not going to hold my breath!
Not if they're the ones who've been setting the fires.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads