Finding Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by idfnl, Jan 30, 2012.

1. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

How was Philip Morris disproved? What about Bob Hieronymus and his family? Were they lying too?

"Thousands of sightings" of adolescent and juvenile Bigfoots? How is it that there are "thousands of sightings" of these critters all over the country, yet not one bit of concrete physical evidence--bones, fossils, dead bodies, whatever?

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Philip Morris sold Roger Patterson a suit because he was making a documentary about the footage, it was used for a reenactment. It happened after the filming. All Sasquach documentaries today use CGI, its a common thing.

Roger Patterson knew Bob Hieronimous before he obtained the footage in 1967. Patterson had been wanting to film a low budget documentary about the subject. He organized people for some scenes on horseback for his film. Bob Hieronimous was apparently one of those people.

Heironimous wanted to attach himself to the story, he grew it, that's all.

Another theory I read was that they planned to do a fake but then they really saw one. Probably bullshit.

Regarding concrete evidence, there is plenty of it. Lets see what the Oxford study turns up.

Why no body? All animal bodies degrade incredibly fast in the woods. Flesh goes to all kids of animals and maggots. Bones are eaten by hedgehogs and mice. It happens within days.

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Funny, this was the 6 million dollar man episode that introduced me to Bigfoot. No clue what it was before this.

4. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

There are no "hedgehogs" in North America? Do you mean porcupines? Somehow, I get the sense your knowledge of natural history is a bit sketchy.

In point of fact, winter-killed animals are a very important food source for bears when they come out of hibernation in the spring. Depending on conditions, animal carcasses can last quite a while. And, as I have previously mentioned, why have we never found one roasted by a forest fire? After the huge Station Fire in local mountains lots of coyotes, deer, bear and mountain lions were found burned. (No BFs, although there are occasional "sightings" in our local mountains.) I should have thought the huge Tillamook burns back in the 1940s in Oregon, in what should be prime BF habitat, would have turned up the odd BF or two...if any had been there.

As I think I have mentioned in these threads, I used to be a believer (more or less). What really destroyed my faith was the Mt. St. Helen's eruption in what was supposed to be a veritable hotbed of BF activity. The eruption killed thousands of deer and elk, hundreds of bear, but not a BF was to be found.

5. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

J, you're arguing with a man who believes in Bigfoot. Don't you feel a little dirty?

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

HH, porcupines, same shit.

Animal carcasses do not last. Woodsman know this.

Nobody ever finds a mountain lion body, bro.

I dont recall bodies being found of any animal at Mt. St Helens. You're making that up. No animals were found with the indian ocean tsunami. May also be BFs sensed the eruption. You just dont know.

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Dont believe. Hope its true. That's all.

And you are a man that believes in Ronald Regan trickle down economics. I believe I have a better chance of BF being true.

8. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Haven't seen that since I was a kid. Weren't there several episodes with Bigfoot? Never knew Andre the Giant was playing Bigfoot.

9. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Actually, I would be thrilled and fascinated if BFs were proven to exist. It would be perhaps the greatest, discovery in all of natural history.

As I have mentioned, I used to be a believer. I travelled to the Bluff Creek area of Northern California and talked to Indians and White locals there. I attended a conference of the International Society for Cryptozoology, of which I was a member for some years.

At one time I believed some cogent arguments could be made for the existence of the creatures, particularly in the Pacific Northwest, but the whole business has been going on way too long.

10. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

this looks like an outtake from the Blair Witch Project.

11. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

And some guy in a rubber suit.

12. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Would having sex with a Bigfoot be wrong?

13. nootje

nootje Senior member

Legally the same as with a gorilla afaik. Interesting? to say the least. Dangerous? most definitely. morally reprehensible? depends on who you're talking to :)

14. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

I wonder if bestality laws would apply?

15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

For states that have them, I would assume so.