1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Finding Balmoral Boots in Amsterdam or Paris

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NukeMeSlowly, Jan 14, 2013.

1. NukeMeSlowly

NukeMeSlowly Senior member

I would greatly appreciate help in making a list of vendors who sell (any and all brands of) balmoral boots in Amsterdam and Paris.

The options State-side are so limited that I really want to take advantage of my upcoming trip to these two cities to actually see as many as possible up close and try them on to find the best model and fit for me.

Thanks in advance.

2. pabloj

pabloj Senior member

Crockett&Jones and Carmina in Paris for sure, I personally saw those in shop windows some time ago.

3. NukeMeSlowly

Do you happen to recall the name of the shop(s)?

4. pabloj

pabloj Senior member

I don't understand your questions, the names are Crockett&Jones and Carmina, those are official shops not an independent reseller of those brands.
    If you've never been to Paris those shops are placed very conveniently in the city center, Carmina is 4 Avenue de l'Opera, Crockett&Jones is 14 Rue Chauveau Lagarde, (those two are not far away, see google maps).

5. RogerC

RogerC Senior member

In Paris, you should also visit Markowski and Septieme Largeur.

6. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

Just know that shopping currently in Paris is crazy since the sales have started. Also, while I don't know if it carries balmoral, check out Loding for shoes. There are several throughout the city and two by Opera if you'll be doing shopping there.

BHV Homme also has some killer sales on Paraboot right now, which does have IIRC two balmoral boots on sale.

Start at place vendome, and just keep walking from there to Opera...you'll find options. I'm going to Galleries Lafayette today to pick up Saphir [god help me the crowds will be insane]...if I see anything, I'll snap a photo for you and report back later in the day.

7. NukeMeSlowly

Thanks all for the assist. I really appreciate it.

8. AlexG33

AlexG33 Senior member

Calceom on the left bank carry Gaziano & Girling, Sargent, Zonkey Boot etc. I just bought a pair of G&G balmoral boots from them. They also have a website

9. NukeMeSlowly

I know this area a bit so this is very helpful.

I wanted to buy some Saphir also (Renovateur for dark brown suede). Is it cheaper at Galleries Lafayette or BHV?

10. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

MTO Aubercy button boots!
    [​IMG]

11. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

Sir Max in Amsterdam. Crockett &Jones, Edward Green, G&G, Bestetti, Saint Crispins to name a few. RTW and MTO. Should provide some options for balmoral boots.

12. NukeMeSlowly

Thank you. I was hoping for an Amsterdam vendor to compare prices/options.

13. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

I actually didn't find it at either store and wound up finding it, of all places, on my street. Most local cobblers or key places have it. I'll PM you the address.