• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finding Archer's "Tactleneck"

Justice

Reaction score
Archer fans can perhaps help better than anyone else, but for those of you unfortunate fellows not familiar with the show:

[dohtml]<iframe width="560" height="349" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/dohtml]

and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz3ic...eature=related

For those wondering, I'm 5'10, 170 lbs, with a 42" chest, a 30" inch waist, 16.5" neck and apparently: 24" long arms - but I'm not sure about that last one.

The best and closest one I could find:

http://www.amazon.com/Port-Authority...ref=pd_sbs_a_2

Is there any better, or should I order this? And does anyone know if at any episode Archer describes his "Tactleneck" and what it's made out of?

crider8883

Reaction score
Great show. But you seriously have a 12 inch drop? Seems unlikely.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crider8883
Great show. But you seriously have a 12 inch drop? Seems unlikely.
On a 170 lb frame, no less. It strains the boundaries of the imagination. Maybe the OP has big, perky manbewbz that increase his chest measurement?

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 10 inch drop but I have a thin frame (150 lbs); it is possible, i guess.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you not correct the thread name to 'turtle neck' which is correct and therefore understandable?

Hardly an auspicious start in your first post: to use some corruption from an animated cartoon limits those who will understand it severely.

GradSchooler

Reaction score

Why do you not correct the thread name to 'turtle neck' which is correct and therefore understandable?

Hardly an auspicious start in your first post: to use some corruption from an animated cartoon limits those who will understand it severely.

Sorry GBR but -1 on that. And the OP was correct. He's specifically looking for a "tactical turtleneck" i.e. the tactleneck. No need to get your panties in a knot.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Last edited:

Pierce R

Reaction score
I have an 11-inch drop at 175 lbs. and 5'10".

I'd love to find a black turtleneck that doesn't fit me like a gunny sack. Thanks for the leads.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW the Heather Wallace sweaters are also sized like sports coats rather than S-M-L, so it's easier to get a better fit.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I find it hilarious how everyone on SF has a minimum 8-9 inch drop.

TiberiasUSA

Reaction score

In my experience it'd be less than 1/100 people. Mainly your pro athletes, ie Football players, or body builders.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kind of a natural progression that people who care how they look (ie. their clothes) will want their bodies to also look good, and thus will spend more time than the average person on exercise.

then again, people with ~6" drops probably dont have much of a problem finding clothes that fit, so they dont need to make a thread about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads